The Barnes & Noble Kitchen is a relatively new concept. What's special about these Barnes & Noble locations is not only do they have a cafe area where you can get your favorite Starbucks drink and a pastry, but they also have an upscale casual restaurant. With locations in only five states–Minnesota, California, Texas, Virginia and New York–the Barnes & Noble Kitchen is definitely a unique experience.

Eastchester's Barnes & Noble Kitchen is the only location on the East Coast right now. It's easily accessible by the Metro North Railroad, or you can always split an Uber with friends for a change of scenery. This is a place every foodie-book lover needs to try!

With a huge communal table, booths for groups, big chairs for solo diners, and an outdoor area with a lovely fire pit, this restaurant has a spot for everyone.

I've visited the farmhouse-inspired eatery to study before midterms and spread out on the communal table amongst other students and workers. I've also gone there for date night, a night out with my family, and for appetizers with friends. This location is the perfect spot for all things studying and socializing, and as any Spoon member will tell you, the best way to socialize is around food!

With locally sourced, top-of-the-line ingredients, craft beers, and premium wines, you can't really go wrong with anything on the menu. There are trustworthy favorites such as guacamole and burrata, classics such as a Caesar salad and grilled cheese with tomato soup, and my all-time favorite brunch entree: lemon ricotta pancakes. They also feature seasonal menu items, which keeps things interesting for those who like to try something new at each visit!

As Virgina Woolf once said, "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" and I can definitely vouch that at the Barnes & Noble Kitchen, you will be dining well! No matter what you order, you can definitely taste the quality. Everything is fresh and cooked to perfection, even being served in dishes that keeps the food warm for a longer period of time while you crack open a new book. You definitely get what you are paying for, and the prices are reasonable.

#SpoonTip: If you're a Barnes & Noble Member, there is a discount for the Kitchen. Who doesn't love a discount?

Balancing both a book store and a restaurant is not an easy task, and the Eastchester Barnes and Noble has certainly gone above and beyond in doing so. On one side, you'll find stimulating and exciting book signings and children's events but on the other side, you are not bothered or distracted from enjoying time with your family in a comfortable, intimate restaurant. More importantly, the food is amazing. Located just a few train stops away from Fordham University, the Barnes & Noble Kitchen is definitely a place I'd take my friends, and you should too!