Happy Hour at restaurants should seriously be called Magic Hour, because like Cinderella, once the clock strikes 12, it’s all over. And everyone cries when it’s over, because then cheap food and drinks are over and it’s back to outrageous prices. Here are some LA restaurants that allow you to have cheap food and drinks, as well as a nice ambience.

1. The Morrison

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of themorrisonla.com

Voted best Happy Hour in LA by LA Weekly, this place is also super pet friendly (they have a dog menu and a dog patio). Most items are $6, and yes, that includes food and drinks.

Happy Hours: Monday through Friday, 3 pm to 7 pm

Must get: Bee’s Butt, Lemon Basil Smash, mac & cheese, Red Hot “Morrison” Wings, and sliders

2. The Black Sheep

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of Alex P. on Yelp

This gastropub has a full bar and also offers soju bombs — two things that are usually separate from each other. You’ll easily miss this restaurant because they don’t have a sign, but it’s right next to Cole’s, so you can stop by both places.

Happy Hours: Monday through Friday, 4 pm to 7 pm

Must get: Banh Mi Sliders, Thai Chicken Burger, Black Sheep Burger, the cheesesteak and a beer float

3. Escala

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of escalaktown.com

A fusion of Colombian, Korean, and LA noms, say WAHH! Is that even legal? Obviously, if this restaurant exists.

Happy Hours: Everyday from 4 pm to 8 pm, Nappy Hour Sunday to Thursday from 11 pm to 1 am

Must get: street corn, pork belly tamales and pint of beer

4. Cole’s

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of JB on Yelp

Famous for their French Dip, Cole’s even has different types of pastrami to choose from (such as turkey). The Famous French Dip is part of the Happy Hour deal, as are some classic cocktails to make you silly before 7 pm. This is a secret, but they have a speakeasy in the back.

Happy Hours: 3 pm to 7 pm Monday, Wednesday through Friday, and all day Tuesday

Must get: Famous French Dip, BBQ pork sliders, and a Manhattan

5. EMC Seafood and Raw Bar

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of emcseafood.com

This restaurant is basically known for Happy Hour and their super cheap raw oysters. Drinking alcohol kills the seafood bacteria… right?

Happy Hours: Daily from 5 to 7 pm, and 10 to close

Must get: raw oysters, calamari, garlic chicken wings, soft shell crab sliders, and fries with truffle mushroom aioli

6. Plan Check Kitchen + Bar

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of plancheck.com

Servin’ up modern American comfort food, this gastropub also seems to have light inside of its restaurant. They also boast items like Beast Fries, which you can wash down with $2 discounted draft beers, or maybe $4 glasses of wine. Classy.

Must get: Tropical Daisy, baked oysters, Beast Fries and S.F.C. Sandwich

7. Spitz (Little Tokyo location)

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of Hanson T. on Yelp

Famous for their Street Cart Fries, this place offers modern Mediterranean food with a California twist. There are other locations as well, but the Little Tokyo location is right in the heart of LA.

Must get: Street Cart Fries, Döquito, Santorini Collins and Spicy Mango Chelada

8. Public School 213

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of Jenn W. on Yelp

Because after a long day of class, all we want to do is go to class again, right? This place will literally haunt you with Scantrons and notebooks, but in a cute, sort of comforting way. You can immerse yourself in the world of funky beers, like Beaver’s Milk, Campfire Stout, and Brainless Raspberries. Intrigued? Yeah, go school yourself.

Happy Hours: Daily, 4 pm to 7 pm

Must get: chorizo mac & cheese, ahi tuna poke, parmesan truffle fries and $4 handles

9. Blue Cow Kitchen + Bar

Happy Hour

Photo courtesy of Nicky T. on Yelp

Your Dr. Seuss dream come true, but not really — here at Blue Cow, it’s pink eggs and ham. Just do yourself (and myself) a favor and get in there before 6:30 when everything becomes expensive again.

Happy Hours: Monday through Friday, 4 pm to 6:30 pm

Must get: pink eggs & ham, country fried chicken rolls and French dip on Hawaiian rolls