I would like to say I am a breakfast and brunch fanatic. I go out to breakfast more than any other person I know– it’s kind of an obsession (no shame). Lucky for me, I grew up in Seattle and always had tons of options of where I wanted to go. Whether you are a pancake lover, omelette connoisseur, or even a vegan, Seattle has the best breakfast places to start your day off right. Here are some of the best local favorites:

1. Portage Bay Cafe

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo by Erin Gillingham

Everything at Portage Bay Cafe is locally sourced and farm-to-table. The portions are massive so you will never leave hungry. Their speciality is their “Breakfast Bar” where you can load up your pancakes or french toast with loads of fresh fruit, whip cream, maple syrup and other delicious toppings. There will always be a wait but it is well worth it. Trust me.

2. Beth’s Cafe

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo courtesy of @annn.gela on Instagram

If you’re a local from Seattle, then you know that it is rare to find people actually eating here at breakfast hours. This is the place to go at 2am after a night out with friends when you have the drunchies. Order yourself up some pancakes or try their signature “12 Egg Omelette” and see if you can take on the challenge.

3. Roxy’s Diner

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo courtesy of @noblepdx on Instagram

This cafe boasts East Coast style food such as corn beef and pastrami sandwiches, potato pancakes and some of the best bagels ever. It is one of the only true East Coast style breakfast joints in Seattle, so if you want a true hearty New York style meal, this is the place to be.

4. The Dish Cafe

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo courtesy of @shroomuu on Instagram

The Dish Cafe is a family owned business that adds a Mexican flair to every item they have. The go-to would be their breakfast burrito or one of their many omelette choices, as they are packed with flavor and the most bang for your buck.

5. Morsel

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo courtesy of @localwise.seattle on Instagram

This place specializes in delicious biscuits with amazing toppings and fillings. Pick your biscuit from a variety and doll it up in jams both savory and sweet. The must-try is their biscuit sandwich called “The Spanish Fly” with fried egg, prosciutto and cheese. You simply can’t go wrong!

6. The Crumpet Shop

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo courtesy of @califoodielifestyle on Instagram

First off, you will likely only find crumpets in the U.K. so to have a place like this that specializes in a treat from abroad is the bomb. Try “The Walrus” for a sweet side of crumpets, or if you’re feeling savory go for the Pesto, Parmesan and Tomato. You’ll see why crumpets are so loved by the English after checking this place out.

7. Fit Bar Superfood Cafe

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo courtesy of @vahzie on Instagram

As I said, there is a kind of breakfast for everyone in Seattle, and I know some people love to start their morning with a smoothie type of thing. This place has the best açai bowls in Seattle comparable to Hawaiʻi. Go for the traditional Brazilian Bowl, or go big and try the Admiral Bowl-it’s loaded!

8. Wayward Vegan Café

Best Breakfast Joints in Seattle

Photo by Erin Gillingham

Everything on the menu at Wayward is vegan. They have a massive menu from biscuits and gravy to french toast and eggs benedict. Even non-vegans will fall in love with this place. They also serve their lunch and dinner menu all day long so you can go as wild as you want and not need to worry about harming a single animal.

So there you have it. Whether you’re a Seattle local looking for a place to grub out or a new visitor to town looking for the hot places to check out. Rise and shine and #SpoonOn!