Eating gluten-free at home is hard enough when all of your friends and family can eat whatever they want. Trying to go out to dinner with them is whole other challenge. Dealing with this problem myself, I've found that there actually are decent gluten-free options in Oxford . There is actually a good variety of gluten-free options in Oxford and they are all delicious. This list will provide you with places to go off campus for any meal or occasion. 

Patterson's Cafe

This cafe has some of my favorite gluten-free options in Oxford. Patterson's has GF versions of all favorites like pancakes, toast, rolls, sandwiches, and french toast. The pancakes and french toast can be piled high with different toppings just like the regular non-gluten free items. The numerous amounts of sandwiches offered can be substituted to be on a gluten-free roll or toast. Whether you're in the mood for an overstuffed egg sandwich or a sweet breakfast treat, Patterson's Cafe has something for everyone. This restaurant makes living gluten-free easy.

Kofenya

Of course, Kofenya's coffee and tea options are always a good choice for anyone. Personally, I would recommend trying their hibiscus iced tea with lavender if you haven't already. As for food, they also have artisan toasts that can be made with gluten-free bread, which are new and delicious. These toasts can be made either sweet or savory, like avocado toast, or toast with almond butter and blackberry jam. If you have a sweet tooth, be sure to check out their pastries too as they have gluten-free treats like banana bread. There are a few coffee selling businesses in Oxford, but this business allows gluten-free eaters to indulge in more then just a caffeinated beverage.

Rapid Fired

Not only does Rapid Fire offer a gluten-free crust, but they also give the option of having a spinach based "crust". At Rapid Fired, what's cool is you can build your own pizza, and fill it with your choice of meats, cheeses, and/or vegetables. Personally, I love to add a mix of all the vegetables that they have to offer onto my pizza.

Paesano's Pasta House

There's nothing I love more than a hearty bowl of pasta. Paesano's offers gluten-free penne, and they have many pasta dishes along with a create your own option. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard a lot of great reviews about their food. They don't open until 5 p.m., so this is definitely a great dinner, or even date night, option.

Skyline

Everyone that is originally from Cincinnati seems to have an intense obsession with Skyline. Since their big selling items all contain gluten, it may seem like there isn't anything gluten-free. However, they actually do have some options, including a coney bowl and a cheddar baked potato. The nice thing about Skyline is they even list all their nutritional information on their website.

La Rosas

Another great pizza option is La Rosas, as they offer a gluten-free pizza crust. So on Monday nights, when they have their all you can eat pasta, salad, and breadsticks, you can still go along with your friends for a GF pizza.

Spring Street Treats

Not only does this ice-cream shop have gluten-free cones, but their ice cream is also lactose-free. The brand of ice cream that use is called Frostline, and it is advertised as gluten free, lactose free, trans-fat free, cholesterol free, and even lower in calories. This is an awesome dessert option, as not many places offer gluten free cones.

Customers can even bring their dogs on Saturdays and Sundays to get a free pup-cup. They don't stay open all year, so it's definitely a great place to try before they close for the season.

Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings is another restaurant that provides their allergen (and nutrition information) online, so it is easy to find gluten-free options. They have wings, sauces, and even nachos to choose from that don't contain gluten. My favorite option is getting the naked chicken tenders and adding either the salt & vinegar or lemon-pepper seasoning.

As you can see, there are plenty of gluten-free options in Oxford. Whether you're going out to eat with friends or family, for a quick dinner or a special occasion, there is still a lot to choose from.