Donuts are the new hype... the new it dessert. From donuts, to cronuts, to donut holes, to ice cream-filled, there are so many amazing donut creations. L.A. is paving the way to new and innovative donut shops in support of this creative dessert fad. Donut worry, I've done the research and taste-testing for you. All you have to do is indulge!

DK's Donuts

DK's Donuts in Santa Monica is an over-the-top, creative, 24-hour donut shop. They have a variety of donut styles as well as their famous Double Decker O-Nut, their twist on a croissant and donut hybrid. The Double Decker O-Nuts are insanely delicious with a layer of their special house cream. 

Sidecar Doughnut

Sidecar Doughnuts with locations in Santa Monica and Costa Mesa, have a "from the earth" approach, always using fresh ingredients. Sidecar has daily and monthly flavors such as meyer lemon, salty caramel, huckleberry and butter and salt. Whatever time you go, they have freshly made warm donuts just out of the oven and many coffee selections to accompany your sweets. 

Fonuts

Fonuts takes the traditional flavors of donuts that we all love, but instead of frying them, they bake them. They even have gluten-free and vegan options. They have flavors like peanut butter chocolate, vanilla latte, coconut passion fruit, blueberry earl grey and rosemary olive oil.

California Donuts 

California Donuts is no doubt one of the most Instagram famous donut shops in LA. They are known for their colorful donuts, their panda donut, and their custom letter donuts. They take a fun spin on the classic donut and make it much more bright and playful. They're also open 24/7. 

Mr. Holmes Bakehouse

Mr. Holmes Bakehouse, originally in San Francisco, just opened in LA. They have amazing creme-filled donuts with filling changing on a weekly basis, monkey breads, and their famous cruffins—a croissant muffin hybrid filled with cream. They even have a fun sign that says "I got baked in Los Angeles"—perfect for a quick pic. 

Blue Star

Blue Star prides themselves on taking their donuts to the next level with their flavors. They have mouthwatering flavors like dulce de leche hazelnut, blackberry compote with a peanut butter powder, cinnamon and vanilla sugar, and blueberry bourbon basil. Very creative and very decadent. 

Donut Snob

A photo posted by Donut Snob (@donutsnob) on

Donut Snob is best described as a high class donut shop. They take the American classic donut and turn it into something closer to "culinary perfection." Each donut is crafted individually and decorated beautifully. With flavors like berry best, campfire, chai toasted almond, lemon lulu, and chocolate salted caramel—there's a flavor for everyone. 

So next time you are in the LA area and are craving something sweet, remember to try one of these amazing donut shops. No matter how unhealthy or healthy, fancy or traditional you want your donut to be, you can find exactly what you're looking for with this guide. Donut worry, be happy... and go eat some donuts!