Are you a big fan of the TV show Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives (Triple D) with Guy Fieri? Are you always trying to find new places to get some good food? Then read on for some of my favorite restaurants in North Carolina that will soon become yours too.

1. Gypsy Shiny Diner

north carolina

Photo courtesy of @leapinglucifer on Instagram

First off, we have your classic, retro, Shiny Diner. My favorite thing to order here is the Mexican Style Omelette that includes cheddar cheese, green peppers, onions, fresh salsa, and sour cream. This breakfast dish also comes with delicious, crispy toast and hot hash browns. I love Waffle House, but I’d pick an omelette from here over it any day.

2. Country Barbecue

north carolina

Photo courtesy of @glitterglittergold on Instagram

If you’re looking for some real North Carolina BBQ with a waiter who is sure to take care of you, this is it. Country Barbecue is Lexington-style, meaning they use a vinegar-based sauce. My typical order is two chopped sandwiches with slaw, a side of hush puppies, and a sweet tea. For dessert, you have to try their peach cobbler with ice cream.

3. S&T’s Soda Shoppe

north carolina

Photo courtesy of @magneticabby on Instagram

Whether you’re in the mood for spaghetti, chicken quesadillas with homemade salsa, or a burger, this is the best place in Pittsboro for a yummy, affordable meal. My go-to order is a chicken salad sandwich with potato chips and an iced tea. This place can get pretty crowded, so if you want to order something that’s quick and easy, go for the onion rings. The inside of this place is also filled with many old signs and cool historical pieces you have to check out.

#SpoonTip: Leave room for a milkshake or ice cream dessert at the end.

4. Char-Grill

north carolina

Photo courtesy of @_evangarner on Instagram

If you’re tired of Cookout, your next best choice is Char-Grill, every local’s favorite. The 1/4-lb. Hamburger Steak Sandwich with french fries and a chocolate milkshake will never disappoint.

5. Johnson’s Drive-In

north carolina

Photo courtesy of @sauce336 on Instagram

This spot is famous for their hamburgers with Velveeta cheese and hot dogs “all the way.” With the bar stools at the counter and a handful of booths, it definitely gives you that ultimate diner experience. Make sure to get there early, as they close once they run out of food after a big lunch crowd.

6. Shatley Springs

north carolina

Photo courtesy of @pixels_on_paper on Instagram

When you need a good Southern-style family breakfast, this is the best place to go. The family-style breakfast includes endless eggs, biscuits, potato wedges, grits, strawberry preserves, gravy, bacon, sausage, ham, baked apples, and cereal and pancakes upon request. They even provide lodging, so if you’re still hungry after the buffet, you can stay the night and try more food the next morning.

7. Macado’s

north carolina

Photo courtesy of @patricia_mezza on Instagram

With burgers, sandwiches, salads, pasta, wraps, and desserts, this is a great place for a healthy meal near Appalachian State University. Make sure to bring a Sharpie so you can sign your name and write a message on the booth or table you sat at.

That’s a wrap for my list of diners, drive-ins, and dives in North Carolina. As Guy Fieri would say, “we’re rollin’ out!”