Charlotte is a city that shuts down at 2am. Or is it? I have lived in Charlotte all my life and have found that the struggle is real when it comes to finding food after 2am. But, it is not impossible to find places that are open. This list will help you find the best late night bites. Whether you need food to power you through that all-nighter or to cure your drunchies, these places are here for you to grab late night bites in Charlotte!

Midnight Diner

This 24/7 diner is located on Carson Blvd, right by the lightrail stop. They are known for their breakfast, which is served all day, every day. Specialties on the breakfast menu include: the Bubba, "our famous buttermilk biscuit open-faced with cheddar scrambled eggs and then smothered with our homemade sausage gravy. Served with your choice of bacon, sausage, turkey bacon or sausage, or city ham and your choice of hash browns, creamy grits, or fruit;" "Thumbs Up" Coconut Crunch French Toast, "four thick slices of our challah bread, dipped in our special mix and coated in our Mackinaw City mixture of a tasty crunch sensation and then dusted with powdered sugar;" and Chicken and Waffles. Their chicken and waffles is one of their most popular dishes. Midnight Diner has ben ranked the best 24 hour restaurant in North Carolina.

The Diamond

Located on Commonwealth Ave, this Plaza Midwood hotspot for late night bites in Charlotte has been around since 1945. The Diamond serves up classic Southern food, such as fried pickles, fried chicken, pulled pork, and mac and cheese. The restaurant also has a bar. Up for a challenge? Take on the Midwood Challenge, "over two pounds of roast beef, ham, turkey; provolone, Swiss, & American cheeses topped with lettuce, tomato, onions and horsey-mayo on a big bun. ~Forget the Dogwood! This neighborhood's namesake sandwich gets you a FREE Diamond t-shirt if you eat everything on your plate."

Amélie's

This French bakery has a few locations around town, but the original in NoDa is open 24/7. The menu includes pastries, sandwiches, coffee, soups and salads. The pastries have classic French staples, like macarons, croissants, and palmiers. The macarons come in a variety of flavors. My favorite item on the menu (and their bestseller) is the salted caramel brownie. The salted caramel brownie also comes in a gluten free option!

Red Eye Diner

Need food after turning up at one of the many clubs in the Epicentre? Head to Red Eye on the first level for classic diner food. Like midnight, they serve breakfast 24/7. Red Eye actually has the same owners as Midnight, so the menus are very similar. Red Eye is well-known for their made to order waffle fries, that are a great companion to all of their dishes. In addition to food, the diner has alcoholic beverages. 

Skyland Family Restaurant

Skyland is a 24/7 restaurant on South Blvd. They are known for their breakfast, which is also served all day, every day. Their best late night bites include steak and eggs and 3-egg omelettes. 

Cook Out

This is the spot for drunk college students. If you haven't made that drunk trip to Cook Out after 2am, are you even a college student in Charlotte? Home of the famous Cook Out tray, an affordable combo featuring an entree and two sides, Cook Out is essential. This fast food chain is also known for their milkshakes, which come in 40+ flavors. My go-to order is a Cook Out tray with chicken strips, chicken nuggets (yes, chicken nuggets are a side), fries, and a mocha shake to drink. The fries can be upgraded to seasoned fries, which are so good. That's a lot of food for only like $7!  

Most of the city is closed by 2am, but these 6 places are open for late night bites in Charlotte! Satisfy your cravings with fried food, breakfast, dessert, burgers, or even drinks from any of these restaurants!