During my trip to Helsinki, Finland, I popped into many different cafés for a quick break, but because of the great food and lovely relaxing ambience that all these stylish cafes seemed to have, I could have stayed forever. You won’t want to miss out on these cafes because they’ll make your already amazing Helsinki experience even more delightful.

1. Kaffecentralen

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

You can tell they know their coffee as soon as you walk into Kaffecentralen. The store is lined with counters showcasing all things coffee, from espresso machines and drip coffee equipment to coffee cups and an extensive range of coffee beans.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

But in this coffee-lover’s world, you have to try their hot chocolate. Velvety rich and indulgent, I drank it using a spoon like it was a chocolate soup. It’s so addicting that I literally went to drink it every day for five days in a row.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

2. Ipi Kulmakuppila

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

Ipi Kulmakuppila looks like and is the trendy, new place to be with huge windows reaching the ceiling, dangling lights, and a bright and open space filled with comfy, stylish furnishings.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

You’ll love their entire selection of treats and lunch options, but make sure you try the delicious and refreshing vispipuuro, a lingonberry wheat semolina dessert porridge.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

3. Good Life Coffee

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

Good Life Coffee is located in the hipster district of Kallio, and you’re not going to want to miss it for its fantastic Scandinavian style coffee. Its small but cozy interior has a welcoming atmosphere with chic wallpaper and wall prints.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

Try their hot chocolate: It’s thick and frothy and with the perfect slight bitterness.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

4. Viaporin Deli & Café

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

Viaporin Deli & Café is a must stop during your visit to the picturesque Suomenlinna, the sea fortress only 15 minutes away from Helsinki by ferry. Like the rest of the Suomenlinna, this cafe is beautiful to look at on the outside with its pretty pale pink walls, and from the inside where it is filled with deli items and pastries.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

Grab one of their hot chocolates with whipped cream to go and enjoy it with your scenic walk.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

5. SIS. Deli+Café

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

SIS. Deli+Café is always packed with people and I can understand why since it’s the perfect place to eat some great food while catching up with family or friends. Not only is it full of happy people, it has a huge selection of deli items for the lunch buffet or take away, as well as pastries and bread.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

Make sure to try the chia tuorepurro, a delicious fruity chia pudding with pear, fig and currant, as well as the light and satisfying feta-tomaatti muffinssi, a savory muffin with feta and whole baby tomatoes.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

6. Moko Market Café & Store

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

Moko Market Café & Store is one of those places off the beaten path since it’s further from the city center, but it is so worth going. The charming place is not only a cafe that many people frequent for its delicious food, but it also houses a collection of interior design objects and furniture for sale.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

When you stop by don’t forget to try the mustikkatuorepurro, a fresh blueberry porridge made with oats, blueberries, yogurt, and honey.

helsinki

Photo by Lara Taniguchi

My stomach is growling. How about we book our tickets to Helsinki right now?