As an Indian, I can objectively say that the best kind of food is Indian food. Just admit it, Indian cuisine is extremely unique. No other cuisine is as spicy, colorful or flavorful. Whether you're a biryani lover or completely clueless about curry, here are 5 Indian restaurants in Chicago that you need to try.

1. Tandoor Char House

Located in Lincoln Park, Tandoor Char House is the perfect restaurant for any occasion. It is open from 11 AM-11 PM on Fridays and Saturday, 11 AM-10 PM on Sunday, and from 4 PM-11 PM the rest of the week. If you're not in the mood to leave your house, they also deliver through Door Dash. The food served at Char House is the perfect fusion of Indian and American cuisine and is great for celebrating special occasions. My favorite dish is the chaat fries, which are fries seasoned with Indian spices. For dessert, I would recommend the mango cheese cake, which is cheesecake drizzled with mango sauce. This is hands down the best cheesecake you will ever taste. 

2. Anmol Restaurant

Anmol is located on Devon Avenue. It is open from 12 PM to 10:30 PM every day of the week. This restaurant is notable for it's barbecue. My favorite dish by far is the Mango Habernero Chicken. The mango gives the chicken a sweet, tangy taste. If you want to get a variety of their barbecue, I recommend getting one of their platters (specifically platter three because then you can try the Mango Habernero Chicken). It's a nice restaurant for dining with a big group of friends, but they also deliver through GrubHub and Amazon. 

3. Ghareeb Nawaz

This restaurant is every college student's dream. You can get an entire plate of food for $5 (or even less). Plus, it's open from 8 AM - 4 AM. Food is prepared very quickly here. It's the perfect place to go if you want to grab lunch in between classes, or if you need to satisfy your hunger while pulling an all-nighter. Similar to its counterparts, Ghareeb Nawaz delivers through Uber Eats and GrubHub. What I would recommend is the chili chicken paratha. One plate comes with paratha, which is like a fried flat bread, yogurt and chili chicken. This is a fusion of Indian and Chinese cuisines. It is red and fairly spicy, so if your tongue is sensitive to the heat bring some milk.

4. Uru Swati

Uru Swati is located on Devon. It is open from 11:30 AM- 9:30 PM everyday except Tuesday. If you would like the option of eating at home, they offer delivery through their website and through Grubhub. Uru Swati serves South Indian food. The South Indian cuisine is very different in comparison to North Indian cuisine. South Indian cuisine is all vegetarian, and there are more rice based dishes. I would recommend trying the Mysore masala dosa, which is a crepe filled with spiced potatoes. It is usually served with coconut chutney and sambhar, which is a lentil soup that is great for dipping your dosa.

5. Masala Indian and Mediterranean Cuisine

Masala Indian and Mediterranean Cuisine is located on Argyle. It is open from 5PM-10PM everyday of the week except Monday. It is a nice restaurant to sit down and eat with a large group of friends. If you're craving Indian food, but don't want to go out; they also deliver through GrubHub. My favorite dishes from this restaurant are the garlic naan and the bhindi masala. Garlic naan is bread covered with garlic and coriander that is baked in a clay oven known as a tandoor. Bhindi masala is okra seasoned with spices. 

Whether you're missing your mother's homemade Biryani or you're tired of the dining hall's bland, boring food, these restaurants will not disappoint. However, if you're feeling bold and adventurous, remember to take it easy on the spice. What are you waiting for? Try some of Chicago's best Indian food.