About once a week, I get a craving for a good burger. Something juicy and satisfying. Often, I’ll just ignore it, but then there are times when I just cave. That’s when I grab my wallet and start hunting for “the one.” After living in the area for the past few years, I’ve gotten to know a lot of burgers in Lincoln Park. So let’s get down to finding your dream burger from this list of the best burgers in Lincoln Park.

1. Butcher & The Burger

burgers

Photo by Natalie Reehl

As a burger-lover, I know what I like and what I don’t like, and at Butcher & The Burger, I can build my burger my way. Their huge menu boasts 9 different spices, 5 buns, and 14 different toppings, which may be a bit overwhelming. However, with the amount of times I’ve been there, I’ve never had a bad burger. No matter what your combination ends up being, you won’t regret this burger experience.

2. Burger Bar

burgers

Photo courtesy of @burgerbarchi on Instagram

Please, just get in mah belly. The Burger Bar is known for high-quality ingredients and unique combinations. Like Butcher & The Burger, it also features a make-your-own-burger section. But don’t count out their stackers menu. Those combinations are no joke. And you’ll fall in love with their addicting and crispy sweet potato fries. By the end of this meal, you’ll wanna do anything but “fa-getta-bod-it.”

3. Epic Burger

burgers

Photo courtesy of Epic Burger on Facebook

If you’ve even been to Chicago, you know about Epic Burger. This Chicago-based chain focuses on unprocessed, natural ingredients that taste amazing. Or shall I say epic. But what makes this place really epic is the fact that they don’t skimp on the vegetarian burger. One bite and you’ll become obsessed with how flavorful it is. If you’re going for the Epic Burger Classic or the Turkey Burger Classic, do yourself a favor and make it a double. You’ll thank me later.

4. RJ Grunts

burgers

Photo courtesy of RJ Grunts on Facebook

This place has been around forever, so if you haven’t been, get yourself there now. While they’re well-known for their soup and salad bar, they make a killer burger. And you can’t go wrong going for the Grunt Burger. Fried onions and bleu cheese on a half-pound patty? It’s like they were reading my mind. Plus, with it’s location close to the Lincoln Park Zoo, parks, and shopping, there’s no reason for you to worry about all the calories.

5. American WildBurger

burgers

Photo courtesy of American WildBurger on Facebook

While not technically in Lincoln Park, it’s close enough that it definitely deserves a mention. American WildBurger is a burger joint that started in the suburbs and it has quickly won the hearts of Chicagoans. The menu features both signature burgers and also build-your-own burgers. But forget about the beef for a second. Their turkey burgers are just as good, maybe even better. So if you’re feeling a little wild and adventurous, you’ll love American WildBurger.

#SpoonTip: American WildBurger has a 10% discount for teachers and students on Fridays. Just show your ID. Check their Facebook page for more discounts.