May means it’s peak strawberry season here in the United States. If you’ve never picked your own strawberries, it can be a fun weekend adventure that yields gallons of strawberries for much less than you would pay in the grocery store. Here are five locations in the Atlanta Metro area that you can visit for your strawberry picking enjoyment.

1. Southern Belle Farm — McDonough, GA

strawberries

Photo by Allyson Busch

McDonough is about 45 minutes south of the airport and home of Southern Belle Farm. For $12 plus tax, you can pick a gallon of strawberries. Be sure to bring something to put your berries in after or be prepared to pay $1 for the bucket itself.

At Southern Belle you can also stop to see the animals – horses, donkeys, and goats, oh my – or have a hayride around the property. They also have a new country market where you can buy jams, jellies, ciders, and other products made from their produce.

2. Washington Farms — Loganville, GA

strawberries

Photo by Allyson Busch

You can reach Washington Farms by driving about 45 minutes east of Atlanta to Loganville. For $12 plus tax (and an additional $1 for the gallon bucket), you can pick strawberries to your heart’s content. At Washington Farms’ “Super Spring Saturdays” you can also enjoy wagon rides and games mostly aimed at children. They also sell homemade strawberry ice cream for $3!

3. Mitcham Farm — Oxford, GA

strawberries

Photo courtesy of @nananhi on Instagram

Mitcham Farm is about 40 minutes east of Atlanta. For $12 (plus $1 for your bucket), you can have a self-picked gallon of berries. They also regularly sell strawberry slushies as well as specialty items that range from homemade ice cream to jam to salsa.

4. Whitley Farms — Sharpsburg, GA

strawberries

Photo courtesy of @amanda__whitleyfarms on Instagram

Whitley Farms is about a 45 drive southwest of Atlanta near Peachtree City. Strawberries here are $4 per pound. They’ll bag the berries for you, but if you want them in another container, make sure you bring something to the farm.

5. Adam’s Farm — Fayetteville, GA

strawberries

Photo courtesy of @ansleymayson on Instagram

Adam’s Farm is the closest option to downtown Atlanta at only 30 minutes southwest of the city. While they don’t have prices listed on their website, they accept cash or check.

#SpoonTip: They close during inclement weather, so be sure to check for rain clouds before heading out.