Penn Station is home to an impressive amount of restaurants and bars, ranging from a hesitant “I don’t know…” to “I MUST EAT THAT RIGHT NOW.” While the massive train station probably isn’t the first place you’d think of when someone mentions food in the city, there are some true hidden gems in those crowded corridors. So next time you’re in Penn Station, be sure to check out these places:

Rose’s Pizza & Pasta

penn

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

There are two Rose’s locations in Penn Station, so no matter what end of the LIRR corridor you’re on, you can still get a slice from Rose’s. The grandma slice is sure to be a hit with Sicilian fans, while my personal favorite is the Margherita, because who doesn’t want a slice of pizza the size of their head?

Location: LIRR level

penn

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Pret A Manger

penn

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

This London-based chain is a great spot to grab a sandwich, salad, soup, chips, coffee, or whatever your hungry heart desires. The ingredients are fresh and natural, and the coffee is organic. They also get bonus points for listing ingredients and nutritional information on their website.

Location: LIRR level

penn

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Jamba Juice

penn

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

While I personally have never had the juice at Jamba Juice, their steel-cut oatmeal is a hit. It’s slow-cooked with soy milk and you can customize the toppings. It’s perfect for anyone who wants something healthy on the go.

Location: LIRR level

penn

Photo courtesy of broadwayworld.com

Magnolia Bakery

penn

Photo courtesy of @gusnyc on twitter.com

This Magnolia’s location is a Penn Station newcomer, as it opened in Fall 2015. However, Magnolia’s is a New York City staple. The banana pudding and cupcakes are fan favorites at the Penn location, since they’re easily portable. My favorite has long been the German chocolate – it’s a must try.

Location: LIRR level

penn

Photo courtesy of magnoliabakery.com

The Pennsy

penn

Photo courtesy of @thepennsy on Instagram

The Pennsy is New York’s newest food court, and according to their website, “The Pennsy will make you look forward to eating at Penn Station.” Considering they have five upscale yet casual dining options plus a craft cocktail bar, outdoor seating, and a La Colombe coffee bar, I’m convinced. They have vegan, pescatarian, and gluten-free options too, so no matter your diet, you can find something at The Pennsy.

Location: SW Corner of 33rd St. and 7th Ave

penn

So next time you’re looking for a bite in Penn Station, hit up one of these places and you won’t be disappointed.