Raleigh, North Carolina is home to some pretty amazing places, such as the Capitol, the North Carolina Museum of Art, the State Farmers Market… the list goes on. With beautiful weather and parks everywhere, this city has lots of outdoor adventures that await. Here is a great list to use whenever you are in Raleigh (check out the cool restaurants!) and feel the urge to go on a “perfect” picnic. Trust me – it happens a lot.

1. Raleigh Rose Garden

Raleigh

Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Famous for their array of stunning roses, this beautiful garden features breathtaking views and offers solitude for those peaceful people out there. Grab a camera and while you’re there snap some quality pictures of the flowers for a perfect Insta.

2. Lake Raleigh

Raleigh

Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Right behind Hunt Library on NCSU Centennial Campus, there is an underrated lawn of grass overlooking the lake. You can find young families, joggers, bikers, walkers, college students, and cheerful puppies all enjoying your perfect picnic meal. Play some tunes to spice up the evening.

#SpoonTip: The best time to go is at sunset.

3. Court of Carolina, NC State Campus

Raleigh

Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Ask any college student here at North Carolina State, this is the place to go when there is not a cloud in the sky and it’s 75 degrees. You can find many college kids studying, reading, napping, eating, you name it. If you’re looking to people watch, this is the place. A fun idea while eating – keep a tally of the interesting people you see.

4. Raleigh’s Pullen Park

Raleigh

Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Located right off of Western Boulevard, this place is a hub for picnic-ers. There are many different varieties of plants, flowers, and fun bridges to gaze upon, and even a little train that chugs along around the perimeter. It will not disappoint.

5. William B. Umstead State Park

Raleigh

Photo by Olivia Chadwick

Don’t let the old guy’s boring name fool you, the 10-15 minute drive from NC State’s campus is WELL worth it. There are countless acres encompassing this state park. You will see stunning views, from a peaceful, tranquil lake to a fun, wooded trail. There’s no better place to pop a squat with your friends to enjoy your lunch.

As you can see, each of these stunning places offer different views but still give everyone a wonderful picnic experience. So what do you say – are you ready to picnic?