Doughnuts are one of the most popular and accessible desserts. From a classic jelly doughnut to a rainbow cookie doughnut, you can really find any combination you could imagine. As a doughnut lover, I'm happy to help you find the 5 best doughnuts shops on Long Island. 

1. Doughology 

Doughology offers unique doughnuts; you can create your own or buy one of their specialty doughnuts. The doughnuts are made at the front of the store in which vanilla or chocolate dough is used. Once the doughnut is fried and cooled, you can decide what glaze you want on your doughnut choosing from peanut butter, vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate. The fun part is when you make your way to the topping area where you can customize the doughnut. From bacon to Trix cereal, Doughology has all the toppings you can imagine. You can't go wrong at Doughology because you get to decide what your doughnut will taste like.  One of the most popular doughnuts from here is the Rainbow Cookie Doughnut. 

2. Reinwald's Bakery 

Reinwald's bakery in Huntington is known for their jelly doughnuts. They make the jelly in the bakery and the doughnut has the perfect texture and fluffiness. These fluffy bundles of joy are topped with powdered sugar and loaded up with their famous raspberry jelly. 

3. Dough Hut 

Dough Hut is a tiny shop in Long Beach that serves a variety of extravagant doughnuts. The shop is cute and serves quality doughnuts. People love the peanut butter and jelly doughnut, cannoli filled doughnut (only available on weekends), crumb doughnut, Fruity Pebbles doughnut, french toast doughnut, and maple bacon doughnut. There is truly any combination to satisfy your cravings. 

4. Spiga Bakery 

Spig has some of the craziest doughnut combinations in Massapequa. From the Banana Nutella doughnut to the Cinnabomb doughnut to the Apple Pie Doughnut, Spiga has quality doughnuts for low prices. Doughnuts range from $1.75 to $3.25 for the most expensive one that is an almond custard pastry with pignoli nuts. Spiga also offers pastries, bread, and cakes. 

5. East Main & Main 

The last doughnut place to try is East Main & Main; it brings premium doughnuts to Port Jefferson. They offer flavors such as the Cereal Killer doughnut, Peanut Butter and Jelly Doughnut, Orange Creamsicle doughnut, Key-lime puff, and more. East Main & Main is open every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Now, you dough(not) have to worry about finding the best doughnut shops on Long Island. Go explore these shops and Indulge on the divine, delectable, and delicious doughnuts Long Island has to offer.