Dessert is easily the best meal of the day, and I think the majority of people will agree with me. Luckily, I have some great news, residents and visitors of Toronto: This place is home to some of the most incredible treats. Without further ado, here are 22 of the most epic desserts in Toronto. Make some room on your bucket list.

1. Go Shawty It's Your Birthday Vanilla Milkshake — Peace Treats Co 

Peace Treats is the ultimate milkshake lover's dream, as its menu is completely dedicated to these bad boys. All of its sweet creations are Instagram-worthy and totally over-the-top. So, head over to Peace Treats to eat something spectacular and boost your Instagram game.

2. Birthday Cake Soft Serve — Sweet Jesus

Specializing in soft serve ice cream, this ice cream shop dishes out some of the best desserts in Toronto. Be sure to try its famous Birthday Cake flavor. It comes topped with a candle and pieces of vanilla cake. What's not to love?

3. Ice Cream Sandwich — Bakerbots Baking

Bakerbots, which is known for its ice cream cookie sandwiches, is a must-try. The most epic cookie is the "Everything," which consists of two kinds of chocolate, pretzels, peanut butter and oatmeal. If you're in the mood for ice cream, you've got to try the "Cookie Doh." Oh, and did I mention the shop serves vegan-friendly ice cream?

4. Cereal Milk Ice Cream — Momofuku Milk Bar

If you find yourself in the financial district area, head over to Momofuku Milk Bar. The Momofuku Cereal Milk Ice Cream is definitely epic, to say the least. It tastes exactly like the sweet, sweet leftover cereal milk you get after eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes. 

5. Ice Cream Cookie Sammies — Short and Sweet Bakeshop Cafe

The name of the place says it all. This epic dessert consists of fudge brownies, salted caramel ice cream topped with caramel drizzle and Maltesers. All signs point to this must-try place. 

6. Confetti Cookie Dough — Junked Food Co

Junked Food Co serves dangerously delicious cookie dough in an EPIC cone. It also serves deep-dish pizzas, loaded sandwiches and other desserts, however, the chocolate chip cookie dough in a sprinkles cone takes the prize.

7.  Chocolate Dome with Profiteroles — Cafe Boulud Toronto

Start with dinner or skip straight to the delectable desserts at this trendy hangout spot. The profiteroles, oozing with dark chocolate, prove the perfect treat for chocolate lovers.

8. The Everything Cookie with Burnt Toffee Ice Cream — Bang Bang Ice Cream 

cream, ice cream, sandwich
Paige Tuchner

You can always count on a line forming out the door at this eatery. But trust me, it's worth the wait. Make sure to try the Burnt Toffee ice cream, it's perfection.

9. Doughnut Ice Cream Cone — Eva's Original Chimneys

Ice cream in a donut cone? It's the epitome of an epic dessert. Find these bad boys at its food truck or on 454 Bloor Street West. It's easily one of the best desserts in Toronto.

10. Churro Ice Cream Cone — Pancho's Bakery

If the name hasn't caused you to drool yet, this picture will. Churros from Pancho's Bakery are made right in front of your eyes, and they are served warm with ice cream and your choice of sauce (chocolate, dulce de leche, strawberry or condensed milk).

11. S'mores Pizza — Cacao70

Cacao 70 is a chocolate lover's heaven. Featured above is the chocolate marshmallow pizza, which is warm pizza crust topped with melted milk chocolate chunks and roasted marshmallows. It comes with strawberries, bananas and melted chocolate. Need I say more?

12. Pollarolls — Arctic Bites

Thai-style ice cream is all the buzz on social media and in the foodie world. Arctic Bites, one of the first places in Toronto to offer this style of dessert, offers endless toppings and creations. Try the "Nuts For You" dessert, which is peanut butter Nutella ice cream, whipped cream, crushed peanuts, chocolate sticks and chocolate drizzle.

13. Donuts — The Rolling Pin

If you're looking for a good 'ol good donut, The Rolling Pin is the place to go. This donut shop is recognized for its over-the-top donuts, which once won the Donut Showdown. Nothing beats a fluffy, innovative donut from this place. 

14. Ice Cream — Dutchdreams

Dutch Dream, a locally famous joint, delivers an insane selection of ice cream flavors, waffle cones and imported treats from Holland. Definitely get the cotton candy topping.

15. Donut ice-cream sandwiches — Uncle Betty's

Uncle Betty's is THE place get your hands on a donut ice cream sandwich. Ice cream is nestled between two halves of the shop's famous donuts, drizzled with chocolate or caramel sauce and a selection of toppings.

16. S'mores Love Sundae — MoRoCo

MoRoCo whips up some mean chocolate desserts. Featured above is the S'mores Love Sundae. It consists of brownie bits, vanilla ice cream, graham crackers, chocolate, whipped cream and torched homemade marshmallows.

17. Milkshakes — Cafe Nuna 

This eatery goes above and beyond when it comes to milkshakes. You've got to try the "Berry Impressive Freakshake." Bonus: it's made with vegan-friendly ingredients. Talk about next-level creations.

18. Celebrity Cookies — Bake Shoppe

If you're in Toronto, you need to get the celebrity cookies from Bake Shoppe. Aside from having a picture of a celebrity, the cookies themselves are buttery and delicious.

19. Candy Apples — The Golden Apple

Attempting to curb your sweet tooth and feel (kinda) healthy? Well, The Golden Apple is the place to go — an apple a day, keeps the doctor away, am I right? The apples are sweet and crispy, making for a memorable experience. Aside from candied apples, this shop is stocked with chocolate barks, brittles, truffles and other treats.

20. Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie — Le Gourmand

Overloaded with chocolate, the cookies from Gourmand melt right in your mouth. Served warm, the chocolate cookie is extra gooey, just the way everyone likes them. 

21. Nutella Fries with Ice Cream — Holy Chuck 

This joint not only serves the most incredible burgers, but it also features epic desserts. Try the Nutella Fries with Ice Cream. The fires are crispy, and the Nutella is warm and gooey. It is a plate full of heaven.

22. Churros and Sundaes — Fugo Desserts

Fugo Desserts is a small dessert shop in which the frozen treats are aimed to introduce playful and delicious Instagram-worthy creations. The churros are served warm and are sprinkled with the perfect amount of cinnamon sugar, chocolate and other toppings.

Are you hungry yet? Spend some time hunting down these crazy, innovative places because dessert in Toronto is no joke. Enjoy the sweetness and put yourself in an epic food coma. #NoShame.