New Jersey is notorious for diners, pork roll, fist bumping, and Philly/New York runoff—I should know, as my family is that Philly/New York runoff, currently residing in Central Jersey. Despite the negative connotations, the Jersey Shores (especially Wildwood) are incredibly fun, the diners are old-school and reliable, and it's close enough to Philadelphia and New York for a day trip.

Lately, however, Jersey is slowly becoming a hotspot for a food spiking in popularity: donuts.  An avid donut fan myself, I can say I've scoped out the best donut shops this small and densely populated state has to offer–15 of them, to be exact. You may be wondering, "Who crowned you the Donut Queen?" To which I respond: I was born with the title.

It's literally impossible to rank these places, but I'm kicking off the list with a crowd favorite: Broad Street Dough Co.

1. Broad Street Dough Co.

Since opening in 2014, Broad Street Dough Co. has received attention from popular sites like Buzzfeed, PopSugar, and Tastemade for their creative and delicious donut creations.

2. Glaze Donuts

Glaze has been featured on Buzzfeed, and has won a ton of awards and topped countless lists like "The 16 Best NJ Foods of the Year." With insanely delicious flavor combos (have you seen that 7 layer donut?!) how could they not make this list?

3. Duck Donuts

Duck Donuts was so popular in North Carolina, that they opened two locations in New Jersey, and are even opening up a shops in Pittsburgh, PA, Atlanta, Georgia, and Columbus, Ohio.

4. DoCo: The Donut and Coffee Company

I ate these donuts before they were even cooled off, in the parking lot. That's how good they are. (And they're announcing a new location soon, so stay tuned.)

5. Four Seasons Donuts

Not only do they open at 5 am so you can start carbo-loading early, they have DONUT HOLES. No one actually makes donut holes anymore, I'm pretty sure. They also have some incredible and unique donut flavors.

6. Battleview Orchards

My family and I have been picking apples, pumpkins, peaches, nectarines, and everything in between at Battleview Orchards for almost two decades. They also have the best apple cider donuts I've ever tasted.

7. Uncle Dood's

Uncle Dood's is unique because their donut flavors change monthly, and they even allow their customers to pick their favorites to be featured on their "Favorites" section of the menu. It's also another Jersey Shore hit, so you can refuel after fist pumping.

8. Montclair Bread Co

Montclair Bread Co is a full-on bakery, serving up NYC fav, Stumptown Coffee. Basically, they are so much more than just a donut shop. Breads, sandwiches, insane donut combos and other bakery treats...what more could you want?!

9. Donuts Time

These are some of my favorite donuts, not only because of how tasty they are, but because of how festive Donuts Time makes their donuts.

10. Purple Glaze

With the most extensive and impressive list of filled donuts I have ever seen, how could you not want to devour every single option from Purple Glaze? They also have vegan options, if that's what you're about. Do you.

11. Go Nutz for Donuts

A good donut shop obviously starts with, well, a damn good donut.  It's not so much about the toppings or fillings, but, quite frankly, it's all about that base. And Go Nutz has the best actual donut I think I've had so far. Not too crunchy but just enough, with a light and fluffy texture on the inside.

12. Curiosity Donuts

Curiosity Donuts: donuts, fried chicken, frozen custard. That's literally what their motto is. They were called the best donut in Philly Mag (beating out both Federal Donuts and Beiler's—both the best donuts in Philly!), so you know that they have to be good.

13. Britton's Gourmet Bakery

Okay. These aren't donuts, but honestly, they might be better. These are the best cinnamon buns from the best Jersey Shore there is (don't fight me on this): Wildwood. Britton's Gourmet Bakery also has incredible coffee rolls, as well as every other pastry imaginable. There's just something about Jersey Shore donuts and bakeries.

14. Top That Donuts

Located in Point Pleasant Beach, Top That Donuts has the perfect location for a post-beach donut party, and the perfect flavors to go along with it.

15. Shore Good Donuts

With two locations in Long Beach Island, you're always near a Shore Good Donuts. I went on a date here over the summer and consumed every single one of these by myself. He was impressed.