Don’t get me wrong, I love going out to eat, but sometimes going to your favorite restaurant gets a little boring. Here’s a list of some restaurants around the world that do things a little differently than your favorite Italian place down the street.

10. Alcatraz E.R., Japan

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of bucketlistjourney.net

I feel like this restaurant became a little more popular when Orange Is the New Black started trending. At this place, guests are handcuffed upon arrival and taken to their “cells,”

9. Lainio Snow Village Ice Restaurant, Yllasjarvi, Finland

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of snowcastles.com

Think about if IKEA met an Eskimo and they created the perfect cheek igloo. This restaurant is just north of the Arctic Circle where the winters are cold enough to keep the snow village frosty.

8. Ninja, New York

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of meetup.com

The atmosphere of this restaurant has been described as “Ninja Disneyland.” Guests are brought to their table through a “secret path” were “ninjas” lurk in the shadows. During dinner service, the ninjas will perform magic tricks like sauce on fire.

7. Baggers, Germany

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of mightytravels.com

If you hate slow service and rude waiters who think they know more about wine than you do, you have to visit Baggers in Germany. Their service is fully functioned by computers, and even has a sweet spiral conveyor belt to serve your food.

6. Yellow Treehouse Café, New Zealand

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of redwoodstreehouse.co.nz

This place is for all the kids who wish they had a tree house in their backyard when they were young. Even though this cafe is no longer open to the public, you can still rent it out for private events.

5. Opaque, California

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of madten.com

This is a little like the old show Dating in the Dark on ABC. It has been proven that when the lights are turned off and you’re in complete darkness, all your senses are heightened. There are Opaque locations in Santa Monica, San Diego, and San Francisco.

4. Cabbages and Condoms, Thailand

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of theaposition.com

Yes, you read that right, Cabbages and Condoms. This restaurant has many types of condoms placed on the wall, carpet, and paintings. When you pay your bill, you are given some condoms. All the profits of this restaurant go to Population and Community Development Association (PDA).

3. Dinner in the Sky, Belgium

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of dinnerinthesky.com

If you want a dinner with 360-degree views, this is the place you need to go. At this restaurant, you are 150 feet above the city. Maybe you might join the sky high club.

2. Ithaa Restaurant, Maldives

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of therichest.com

At Ithaa in the Maldives, you can never be dining alone. You can taste your amazing food while in the company of underwater creatures.

#SpoonTip: If you have a fear of sharks this way not be your place.

1. El Diablo, Spain

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of ailymail.co.uk

I always thought people used to stay away from active volcanoes, but at El Diablo in Spain they’re kinda badass. El Diablo grills your food over the volcano. There’s nothing like a steak cooked over live mountains of fire.