Hunting down a tasty vegetarian and/or vegan restaurant in Chicago, a city with over 700 steakhouses just in the River North area alone, proves difficult. Luckily enough, however, there are a ton of under-the-radar spots in the Windy City for those vegetarians and vegans that will quench your hunger. Here are some of the best vegetarian and vegan places in Chicago. Oh, and let's not forget about those meat-eating friends who just don't want meat for every meal. 

1. The Chicago Diner – Meat Free Since '83

Address: 2333 N. Milwaukee Ave (Logan Square), 3411 N. Halsted St.

Description: Since 1983, this Chicago staple dishes out innovative vegan and vegetarian dishes. Known for its Thai chili wings with vegan-friendly ranch dipping sauce, this place features an extensive menu that'll impress any vegan or vegetarian. Did I mention the list of vegan-friendly milkshakes? 

2. Clever Rabbit

Address: 2015 W Division St.

Description: Clever Rabbit is a veggie-centric restaurant in the heart of Wicker Park. Be sure to try the Kale Salad (pictured above) with crispy kale, fuji apples, almonds, charred herb and apple vinaigrette. 

3. Chicago Raw

Address: 131 N.Clinton St. & 51 W.Huron St.

Description: This juice bar is definitely one of the best you can find in downtown Chicago. Embrace your #basic and try the açaí bowls. Or, indulge in some vegan pizza made with wheat berry crust, cashew cheese and marinara sauce. You really can't go wrong here. 

4. Summerhouse Santa Monica

Address: 1954 N. Halsted St.

Description: While not entirely vegan or vegetarian, Summerhouse Santa Monica will not disappoint. The aesthetic is amazing, and the food is even better. A must-try is the avocado toast (vegans, order without the egg), and the emerald kale salad, with shredded Brussels sprouts, local apples and toasted almond.

5. Paulie Gee's

Address: 2451 N. Milwaukee Ave.

Description: This restaurant is the best spot for both vegetarian and vegans. There’s a whole vegan pizza section on the menu at this rustic-chic pie hole in Logan Square. Make sure to try the Rabbit Pie, featuring Italian tomatoes, garlic, baby arugula, baby spinach, house-made vegan fennel sausage, red onions, pickled pineapples and soy Chile glaze.

6. Pick Me Up Cafe

Address: 3408 N. Clark St.

Description: Pick Me Up Cafe is a perfect one-stop restaurant for vegan, vegetarian and meat lovers in Chicago. The restaurant is very colorful, making it a hotspot on weekends when it's open 24 hours. The vegan pancakes are mind-blowing, so I've heard. 

7. Left Coast

Address: 2878 N. Lincoln Ave.

Description: This vegan/vegetarian hot spot will leave you feeling healthy and full. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Left Coast's menu ranges from cold-pressed juices to wraps and salads. Make sure to try the Left Coast Açai Bowl, which contains açai berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, banana, almond butter, macca powder, hemp seeds, granola and coconut. 

8. Lyfe Kitchen

Address: 413 N. Clark St., 270 E. Ontario St., 831 N. State St.

Description: Lyfe Kitchen has something for everyone. This restaurant consists of multiple menus, including "eat everything," "vegetarian and vegan," and "gluten free." Pictured above is the Turkey Burger and Kale Caesar, perfect for our health-conscious, omnivore and carnivore friends.

9. The Handlebar

Address: 2311 W. North Ave.

Description: Handlebar serves made-from-scratch vegetarian and vegan comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. It is a super small venue with a warm and comfy aesthetic. Pictured above is the Vegan Diablos with Avocado.

10. Sweet Green

Address: 623 N State St., 1000 W. Randolph St., 150 N. Michigan Ave., 1 N. Dearborn St.

Description: With multiple locations throughout Chicago, Sweet Green is one of the best vegetarian/vegan places for a quick bite. This eatery specialize in salads, but features many food options such as warm bowls. This is your destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food. 

Now, enough reading. Get eating!