If you can't make it home for Thanksgiving this year, no worries. Austin, Texas is home to tons of local restaurants known for their unique spins on food, and lots of them are serving up Thanksgiving specials this year. Whether you're looking for a creative take on the holiday, a meatless alternative, the classic Thanksgiving meal, or just something cool and different, I know a place.

Hopdoddy's "Thanksgiving on a Bun Burger"

Hopdoddy is famous for their signature burgers and fries, craft beer, and handspun milkshakes, but their specials are even better. Available November 7th-27th, the Thanksgiving on a Bun Burger includes a sage turkey patty, cranberry relish, jalapeño cornbread stuffing, gouda cheese, tomato, Brussels sprout salad, and mayo, all inside an egg bun.

Does it get any more festive than that? Plus check out a review of the burger here.

24 Diner's Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner

Known for their fancy versions of classic comfort food, 24 Diner is the perfect place for any late night cravings—and they're open 24 hours a day. On Thanksgiving Day, the diner will be serving the classic meal complete with turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. Basically, this is the perfect place if you want the home-cooked meal without the home. 24 Diner will start serving this meal at 10:30 am, so be sure to get there early.

Russian House's Thanksgiving Special

sandwich, bread, salad, lettuce, meat, tomato, vegetable, toast
Parisa Soraya

Russian House is the only authentic Russian restaurant in Austin, and they're open all day on Thanksgiving. Their regular menu of Russian cuisine will be available as well as a special Thanksgiving special. They'll be serving up the original turkey and dressing meal with a few unique Russian options on the side.

Mr. Natural's Thanksgiving Eve Vegan Dinner

Although this meal won't be available on Thanksgiving Day, it's perfect for vegans and vegetarians who want the meal without the meat. Mr. Natural's, a vegetarian and mostly vegan joint, will be hosting a special Thanksgiving Eve event featuring veggie turkey and lots of fresh sides.

Literally Anything at Biscuits + Groovy

Although they don't have anything specific on the menu this Thanksgiving, Biscuits + Groovy is one of the few famous food trucks open on Thanksgiving Day in Austin. With fun takes on the classic biscuits and gravy breakfast, this little joint makes art out of biscuits, jams, and other breakfast things. Check it out Thanksgiving Day for something different and obviously Austin.