If you're from Texas, you more than likely have massive pride for our beloved state. If you're not from Texas, you probably think we're all country-loving, Tex-Mex eating individuals. While that is true, I bet you didn't know that some of America's best chain food restaurants were born in the Lone Star state!

Chuy's

Founded in: Austin, TX

If there's one thing that Texas has nailed, it's Tex-Mex. Taco Tuesday has upped its game ever since Chuy's has been around! Word on the street is that their margaritas are top-notch as well.

Whataburger

Founded in: Corpus Christi, TX

Open 24 hours every single day of the week, Whataburger is always a Texans' go-to for something fast and delicious! From their famous Spicy Ketchup to their highly regarded HBCB, what more could a typical drive-thru customer want? In and Out got nothing on Whataburger. 

Fuddrucker's 

Founded in: San Antonio, TX

Big. Juicy. Fresh. All the components of the "World's Greatest Burger" can be found at Fuddrucker's. It's no wonder they've earned that title... LOOK. AT. THAT. BURGER.

Carrabba's Italian Grill

Founded in: Houston, TX

Do you have a strong relationship with pasta and pizza? If you answered no, you can stop reading this article now. If you answered yes, than you must have fallen in love with the Italian cuisine at Carrabba's, and you can thank Texas for that. Bring on the carbs!

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen

Founded in: Arlington, TX

Two words: Flakey Croissants. Never had them? You're missing out. These bad boys are actually heaven-sent. Actually, so is their entire made-from-scratch menu full of American-inspired dishes!

Chili's 

Founded in: Dallas, TX

The 2 for $22 (still bitter that they changed their price from $20 to $22, but it's fine) deal at Chili's is great for couples and families. From their creamy cajan pasta to the fall-off-the-bone ribs, it's perfect because they fulfill any craving a person could have –and don't forget about the famous Chocolate Molten Cake.

Jason's Deli

Founded in: Beaumont, TX

Unlimited salad bar & self-serve ice cream? Hell yes. Jason's Deli is something special with their soups, muffalettas, guilt-free menu items, and more! 

Marble Slab Creamery

Founded in: Houston, TX

Many know of Blue Bell, but not a lot of people know that Marble Slab is from Texas as well! It's not a surprise to know that Texas is marked as #11 in the "11 States That Consume The Most Ice Cream Per Capita" in America. 

Blue Bell Ice Cream 

Founded in: Brenham, TX

Many Southerners would say they have a deep devotion to this particular ice cream brand. If Texas had a state dessert, Blue Bell ice cream would most definitely be it. Even the salmonella outbreak couldn't keep us from loving it.  

Bahama Bucks 

Founded in: Lubbock, TX

Way to go Texas Tech alum. WRECK 'EM, just like how you'll wreck their "sno" the first time you try it. I know I did!

Whole Foods Market

Founded in: Austin, TX

I know it's not a chain restaurant, but their in-store food court is extraordinary. Leave it up to Austin to start up a rad grocery store that sells grab-and-go foods, like a self-serve mochi ball bar at certain locations! 

It's no wonder Texans have such pride! We're just pretty awesome at starting food chains that people know and love. Check out more reasons why Texas is great here