In case you haven’t heard, Boston’s famous Tatte Bakery will make its debut in Harvard Square during summer 2016. Although this means the death of Panera (RIP bread bowls – we’ll love you forever), we couldn’t be more excited. Here’s why.

Pastries

Tatte

Photo courtesy of @tattebakery on instagram

Lament no more, no more Lamont pastries for you. Since Tatte will be located across the street from Lamont, bringing an indulgent pistachio croissant or other delicacy to your sesh in the library might actually make studying for midterms enjoyable.

Coffee

Tatte

Photo courtesy of tattebakery.com

Even though Harvard Square doesn’t really need more coffee shops, another dose of caffeine won’t hurt. Tatte’s cappuccinos will transport you to Europe and warm your soul regardless of the outside temperature.

Late Breakfast

Tatte

Photo courtesy of tattebakery.com

Harvard Square is famous for lacking in weekday breakfast options open past 10 am, but Tatte keeps the breakfast going until 11:30. Running late to your 11 am? Game changer.

Brunch is served on Friday (because Tatte knows you love going out on Thursday nights) as well as Saturday and Sunday, and it goes all day long. So don’t worry if you sleep past 2 pm… or 3. Or 4. Hangover brunch should be allowed at any time of day. Tatte, you understand us.

Salad

Tatte

Photo courtesy of tattebakery.com

Right now, Harvard Square is a produce wasteland, with bGood as the only quick-service restaurant dishing up classic salads. But change is in the air. Tatte has incredible salad, and if the rumors of a Sweetgreen in the Square are true, we might soon find ourselves in a city with more greenery than Denver.

Avocado Toast

Tatte

Photo by Claire Dinhut

Yup – I said it. There will now be somewhere in the Square with avocado toast. Not only is this breakfast option on toasted sourdough with interesting ingredients like radish and dill, but it also comes with perfectly runny poached eggs on top.

Shakshuka

Tatte

Photo by Claire Dinhut

One word: wow. Comprised of eggs, bell peppers, and feta all baked in a luxurious bath of rich tomato sauce, this Moroccan dish comes with a side of grilled challah that makes the perfect mop for runny yolk mixed with tomato sauce.

We used to take the MBTA on a weekly basis to get Shakshuka from Tatte, but once it’s practically at our fingertips, we might be spending $12.50 every morning before class. Oops.