As the famous Ellen DeGeneres once said, "Do we have to know who's gay and who's straight? Why can't we just love everybody and judge them by the car they drive?" This quote couldn't ring more true, as it is the official mantra at these honorable NYC food destinations. At these restaurants, no one has to worry about judgment, and everyone is able to be unapologetically themselves while enjoying a meal worthy of 5 stars. Food is a fundamental human right, and no one should be denied all its glory merely because of their sexual orientation. So celebrate WorldaPride Month by grabbing your friends, hitting the bars, going to a parade, or dancing at these restaurants' parties like there's no tomorrow. 

Big Gay Ice Cream Shop

With 3 locations all across NYC (the most famous located in close proximity to Stonewall, NYC's most iconic gay bar), you can stop in at any of the shops for a good treat and a good time. Better yet, the menu features desserts with comical and inventive names like The Salty Pimp, which is a vanilla soft serve that is injected with dulce de leche and encased in a dark chocolate, salted caramel shell. Their Gobblers are also a must-try. An upside-down pie à la mode sundae, it has proven time and time again to be a fan favorite. The shops have been named 'New York's ice cream powerhouses' by the Village Voice not only for the ice cream itself, but the all-inclusive message they convey. 

#SpoonTip: Want to try the ice cream but don't live nearby? Or, if you want to skip the guaranteed long lines, flavor pints can be bought online at Amazon Fresh, or at your local Fairway, Wawa, Foodtown, Stop&Shop, or Shaw's. 

Meme's Diner

Meme's Diner is exactly the place where, as Betches likes to say, "a GayBFF and their Betch Bestie" can enjoy a Sunday brunch. The owners, Bill Clark and Libby Willis, have described their Brooklyn eatery as "very, very gay'" so what more cause is there to celebrate pride than at a restaurant with a declaration of gayness? The owners have made it their personal mission to make this a safe environment for their high number of LGBTQ+ employees as well. Even better, while you wait for your meal or peruse the menu, you're served a colorful assortment of Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch to snack on so you can truly get a taste of the rainbow. 

Also for this year's pride, Meme's will be making an appearance at Garden Party, The Center's WorldPride celebration at Pier 97 on June 24th at 6 p.m. This one-stop hub for members of the LGBTQ+ community will also feature some of the city's other finest #EEEEEATS and drinks, including High Street on Hudson, Butter & Scotch, Vic's, Shuka's, and Ample Hills. Tickets start at $85, and all proceeds go to The Center’s life-changing and life-saving programs and services and keep their doors open 365 days a year.

Lips

Avery Paulen

I celebrated my sweet sixteen here, so I can personally testify that Lips is a true pride party. With lip-syncing drag queens, vibrant costumes, and shots served all around, the Ladies of Lips know how to give a good time. Most importantly, their main message is equality for all, which is evident through their inclusion of audience members in all their shows (myself being one of them). The food may be your classic American dishes, like lobster ravioli and filet mignon, but believe me when I say it's the overall experience that counts. 

Julius

Not only is Julius known for being one of the oldest bars in Manhattan (est. 1840), but it is also home to the infamous Gay Beer. It is described as a drink intended to honor the rich heritage of the LGBTQ community’s past while recognizing the diversity and integrity of the community’s present. Gay Beer is a blend that introduces nutty flavors with notes of honey with a crisp citrus finish, making it a favorite amongst the gays mainly for its fruity sensation. In terms of the food, it's your average bar menu—hot dogs, burgers, fries, and other American classics. After all, there's no better way to celebrate humanity than with beer, barbeque, and best friends. 

La Pulperia

While La Pulperia isn't the most immediately obvious choice for celebrating queerness, that doesn't mean this Latin-eatery doesn't host a banging drag brunch. Here, you have the privilege of witnessing some of New York’s most fantastic drag queens, including host, Ritzy Blitz, who do their 'thing' right in the middle of the restaurant in close proximity to your omelets and $30 unlimited mimosas. La Pulperia’s drag brunch is not to be missed, especially for the month of June. 

Elmo

Stepping into Elmo is like taking a step back in time to your early 2000's Sex and the City filming location. The private lounge beneath the bustling dining room comes complete with fixtures from Miami Beach's legendary Eden Roc Hotel. Described as 'a feast for the senses' by HX Magazine, Elmo's delivers on superbly prepared comfort food and a trendy atmosphere that attracts all the hottest gay (and straight) dudes. 

Shake Shack

While you may know this as your normal fast food chain, Shake Shack is serving up Pride Shakes all through the month of June. This cake batter, glitter, and rainbow sprinkles shakes embodies the true spirit of pride, and is so tasty that it can be consumed in a single sitting. All proceeds benefit the Trevor Project, a non-profit organization focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth. Their hotline is open 24/7, providing a safe and judgment-free place to talk. What better way to celebrate pride than enjoying a tasty treat and doing a good deed? 

#SpoonTip: Looking for something to wear to your local pride parade? Shake Shack's got merch for that! You can order items from their limited-edition Pride Capsule Collection online, which features a rainbow burger cap, a rainbow-striped crop top, a unisex tee, Bombas pride socks, or an ISLYNYC burger chain necklace. 

Pride Table By StoryCourse

This immersive, theatrical dining experience brings you the story of five queer chefs who made it to the big leagues. A single ticket buys you five delicious courses, wine, and stories. But act fast, because this pop-up is only around for two weeks during the month of June, and limited reservations are available. Join this celebration of queer identity while you feast on the meal of a lifetime.

Burger & Lobster in the Flatiron

On June 30th, join Bob the Drag Queen, winner of Rupaul's Drag Race season 8, as you enjoy NYC Pride's only sanctioned brunch. Burger & Lobster specializes in craft prime burgers and fresh Atlantic lobster while still managing to shake up a tempting cocktail list. Stay tuned for the rest of the drag lineup, as updates will be posted throughout the month on Stonewall's WorldPride website. 

MoFAD

On Friday, June 21st, at 7 P.M., the Museum of Food and Drink will be hosting the team behind the feminist food magazine, GRLSQUASHand the chefs at This Queer Kitchen as they bring you 'Let's Get Loud'. The night will be filled with dancing, drinks, and plenty of food. An added bonus: Brooklyn Brewery is offering each guest 2 beers with a $30 ticket purchase. The ticket also gives you access to the exclusive limited-time-only exhibit, "Chow: Making the Chinese American Restaurant." 

Threes Brewing

Just when you thought Brooklyn Brewery was finished, you thought wrong. The brewery, along with the bar, Threes Brewing, is going all out this June. They’ll kick off the month with the release of Gender Neutral, a hop-forward lager that benefits the Anti-Violence Project. The weekend of June 7, Threes will host a Queer Dance party with Temescal Brewing, a post-Brooklyn Pride Run happy hour, and a World Pride 2019 variety show featuring burlesque performers, drag queens, dancers, and comedy. Finally, on Pride Day itself (June 30), Threes will throw a post-Pride party for all your dancing needs. You'll definitely need to rest up for this weekend full of constant celebration. 

Though Pride may seem like a constant party, it's important to remember that it's not just about the booze. Try to be cognizant of your surroundings and embrace the cultural diversity and lust for life, because that's the beauty of Pride. Whether you're black, white, gay, lesbian, trans, Latino, or Hispanic, everyone is welcome, and most importantly, all are appreciated.