Besides losing your mom in the grocery store, meeting someone from Tinder is probably the scariest thing ever. It’s pretty ballsy and borderline crazy. Either way, first impressions are important. Here’s where to go so you don’t F up.

Thinking Cup

It's the new jam and just so everyone knows, we love it. Welcome to #ThinkingCupNewbury.

A photo posted by Thinking Cup (@thinkingcup) on

Try to snag a seat in one of the three locations and admire the tiny chandeliers… or your attractive date. Either one works. If he or she turns out to be a creep, take that honey cinnamon latte to go. Revel in the cozy decor and share a fruit tart or sample some macarons  it’ll make it feel all so intimate.

Lone Star Taco Bar

hello monday. so good to see you {not really, but we can make it better}. ?: @craignb

A photo posted by Lone Star Taco Bar (@lonestarallston) on

What’s better than some tequila and Mexican food? Sharing it with someone hot and not creepy, probably. If you’re not looking for something too strong, the Hemingway Daiquiri is a great alternative to sip throughout the night. And while you’re at it, get some (or twenty) chorizo tacos. Drinks and Mexican food. A double whammy. ‘Nuff said.

Saus

If you’re coming back from a bar near the Faneuil Hall area (with or running away from your date), stop by this nighttime spot and have some fries with one (or all) of the 15+ condiments. If you’re feeling indulgent, get some poutine. Or a made from scratch waffle. OR one of the beer floats. Because you’ve already made it this far on your date, just get everything.  

Locale

Sundays are for ? #5dayshealthy #SundayFunday #pizza

A photo posted by @5dayshealthy on

Nothing gets more romantic and Italian than the North End. Sit in one of the fiery red chairs and order Parma “Due,” it has prosciutto, arugula, mission figs, and gorgonzola. If your date doesn’t order a pizza or doesn’t like it, then just leave. After that, reconsider your taste in Tinder dates. And all life choices in general.

The Abbey

Bbq pulled pork spring rolls! To die for! #Brookline #thebostonfoodparty

A photo posted by Boston Food (@thebostonfoodparty) on

Show off your adventurous side and order the Bison Bolognese, you won’t be disappointed. If you’re not a drafts kind of person, they have plenty of wines, spirits, scotch, and mixed drinks. Super intimate, super good drinks, and super good food.