Calling all taco enthusiasts, there’s a taco shop in town that will make your taste buds dance. Tacovore is located in the funky and vibrant community called the Whitaker. If you’re a fan of authentic tacos, fresh squeezed margaritas, and mouth-watering guacamole, Tacovore is for you. Not only is the food amazing, but aesthetically, this place rocks. You’ll walk in and be greeted by Mexican art and candles, colorful chalkboards, the happy buzz of conversation and laughter, and of course, mason jars.

tacovore

Photo by Marissa Arnett

“I’m madly in love with eating tacos”, owner Steve Mertz said. He opened Tacovore in the end of May of 2014, and this joint immediately became one of the hottest restaurants in town. His business concept centers around producing high-quality, local, organic and delicious food while creating a laid-back counter service experience for his customers.

Whether you’re a carnivore or a veg-head, you can get your fix here. They make a taco for everyone, from the classic carne asada to a tempeh chorizo. My personal favorite? Carnitas. The meat is cooked to juicy perfection and is topped with oranges, Serrano chilies, jicama, cilantro, onions, and house made crema. Other mouthwatering options include a kale salad mixed in a creamy hazelnut chipotle dressing, avocado, and corn crisps, a ceviche salad with citrus cured rockfish, avocado, cucumber, grapefruit, jalapeño, and chips, delicious tortas and more.

Yum.

tacovore

Photo by Marissa Arnett

Now, let’s talk about the margaritas. Sipping on one of Tacovore’s margaritas can solve any bad day, seriously. Drink two of these bad boys and you’re ready for the weekend. They are made with refreshing hand squeezed lemons and limes, 100 percent agave tequila, simple syrup and triple sec. Trust me, it’s worth your money. Added bonus? It is served in a mason jar, and we all know everything tastes better in a mason jar.

tacovore

Photo by Marissa Arnett

Whether you’re in desperate need of an authentic taco or looking for a fun and fresh new Eugene vibe, Tacovore is the spot to go. It’s unique, fun and delish. Now get out there and get your taco on.

Location: 530 Blair Blvd, Eugene, OR 97402

Hours of Operation: Sun-Thurs 11am to 10pm, Fri-Sat 11am to 11pm