Syrup is a dessert café nestled in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. It sells a plethora of mouth-watering desserts: sugar waffles, French crêpes, sweet grilled cheeses, ice cream sundaes…you name it. Here’s a couple of the most popular desserts that we attacked.

Dessert Cafe

Photo by Ashley Chung

1. Triple Berry Belgian

This Belgian baby has freshly toasted waffles stacked with heaps of fresh berries, sweet berry compote and whipped cream. Alongside it is Syrup’s famous Blackberry Jasmine ice cream, which has a sweet herbal flavor. The lightness of the ice cream definitely balances out the denser waffle. Overall: on freakin’ point.

Dessert Cafe

Photo by Ashley Chung

2. Chocolate Covered in Strawberries

A light crepe that is loaded with fresh strawberries, chocolate raspberry mousse ice cream, amaretto and Belgian and Ghirardelli chocolates. Belgian chocolate. A classic dessert for the classic sweet-tooth.

Dessert Cafe

Photo by Ashley Chung

3. Tiramisu Ding Dong

Syrup has multiple homemade ding dong cakes (FYI: the original Ding Dongs actually come from Hostess Cakes). They have multiple editions, but we tried the Tiramisu flavor. Warning: the richness of chocolate, coffee and cake is not for the faint hearted. It’s a wild dessert.

Dessert Cafe

Photo by Ashley Chung

4. Blackberry Muenster

This is our favorite. A monster grilled cheese that borders between sweet and savory. It’s filled with fresh blackberries, muenster cheese and toasted walnuts. The Cuban bread that sandwiches it is thick and crispy. A delicious blend of tart fruit, savory cheese, and crunchy carbs. Best of the best.

For those of you who want to check out more of Syrup’s desserts, click here. For those of you who want even more information and reviews about this place, click here.