Good news for everyone that has joined the trendy kale-kick recently. Sweetgreen is opening its third Manhattan location today in Nolita at 100 Kenmare Street. The new location includes unique wooden bench seating as well as some small wooden tables. During the summer months, a glass wall will open up to offer additional outdoor seating. Adjacent to the menu is a list of local farms where many of the ingredients are from, a nod to Sweetgreen’s investment in the farm-to-table movement.

In order to maintain the commitment to using local and organic foods, the menu changes depending on the season. With five growing seasons along the East Coast, Sweetgreen switches it up with five different menus that vary by region.

Sweetgreen had a preview for NYU this past Sunday, December 7, with both NYU Spoon and the Restaurateur Club at NYU heading over to Kenmare Street for salads on the house. On Tuesday, that preview expanded to allow all guests to enjoy a “Pay What You Want” salad. All of the proceeds supported GrowNYC, the nonprofit which operates the Union Square Greenmarket among other farmers markets in NYC.

sweetgreen

Photo by Becky Hughes

The Fall 2014 Menu includes seasonal offerings, greens, grains and, of course, the option to create custom salads. Our favorites from the seasonal offerings included the Apples, Pears, & Organic Cheddar Salad, while a popular “premium” ingredient was the curry cauliflower, which Sweetgreen has the recipe for here.

In case you missed the Nolita opening, Sweetgreen is opening a location in Williamsburg at 162 N. 4th St (at the corner of Bedford Avenue). The “Pay What You Want” day there is December 15th from 11am to 4pm, and the grand opening will be on December 16th with normal hours of 10:30 am to 10 pm.

average

Location: 100 Kenmare St (bet Mulberry and Centre) and 162 N. 4th St (at Bedford Ave)
Hours of Operation: Daily 10:30am to 10pm