Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

Photo by Maria Glander

Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, so why not start your morning off right with the decadent selection of sweet and savory plates from Sweet Mimi’s Cafe & Bakery. Sweet Mimi’s is a staple in the breakfast and brunch community, known for their near perfect execution of simple dishes. Tucked away on the corner in a row of cafes on Phila Street Sweet Mimi’s is a tiny hole in the wall that serves some of the best, if not the best, breakfast food in the Saratoga region.

Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

Photo courtesy of Sweet Mimi’s Cafe & Bakery

Sweet Mimi’s is the creation of Jeannette B. Liebers whose passion for food and baking put her on the path to attending the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge and the European Cakes & Tortes course at the Culinary Institute of America. It is her enthusiasm, ambition, and love for food that has made Sweet Mimi’s the success it is today.

Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

Sweet Mimi’s Cafe & Bakery is prime brunch and breakfast location. Under numerous rave recommendations I finally had the opportunity to check out Sweet Mimi’s with the bonus that it was parents weekend, so my parents took me out. We arrived at 8:15 am to find only one table remaining and the restaurant had just opened at 8:00 am. Relishing in our good luck we quickly snagged our seats. In the the following minutes a massive crowd descended on the cafe and were forced to wait patiently for available seating. Our suggestion, get there as soon as possible or camp out if you have to. Trust us, it is worth the wait.

Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

Sweet Mimi’s, while on the smaller side, provides a warm, welcoming, cozy, and charming atmosphere for its customers. With an incredibly friendly wait staff and the constant aroma of freshly baked pastries it is hard to not feel at home.

Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

Sweet Mimi’s menu offers a vast array of breakfast and lunch food. From hearty turkey pot pie to over sized melt in your mouth lemon ricotta pancakes. While they are known for their whimsical breakfast creations they also serve plenty of delectable sandwiches, soups and salads. For those less adventurous there is a simple menu with basics like pancakes, waffles, and eggs. They also provide seasonal specials like caramel apple french toast in the fall in order to utilize local produce. Check our their menu here.

Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

Photo by Maria Glander

One of my favorites are the bacon pancakes. You may be thinking bacon in pancakes? One word, genius. That is just the beginning, not only do they add smoky salty bacon to their unbelievably fluffy pancakes, they top it off with a drizzle of salted caramel syrup and homemade whipped cream. Need I say more? Make your own bacon pancakes like this. Another must eat is the delectable rich challah french toast which is dipped into a creamy batter with cinnamon and real Madagascar vanilla with fresh strawberry compote on the side. To say the least there will be no leftovers.

Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

Photo by Maria Glander

Sweet Mimi’s is the bakery oasis of your dreams offering a diverse selection of homemade muffins, cookies, cheesecakes, cakes, bars, and scones with only the freshest local ingredients available. They also have your fall pumpkin craving covered with their rich pumpkin chocolate chip loaf. Not to mention they make a damn good cup of coffee.

Sweet Mimi's Cafe & Bakery

After finishing our meal leaving not even a crumb on our plates, we left the restaurant with only one thought on our minds, how soon can we come back?