To be honest, I go out for dinner about five times per week. I am definitely not a meal-plan kind of girl. Therefore, a lot of effort goes into planning my meals. Whether I want a sushi night (with my girls) or want to splurge on a mouth-watering piece of fish, I can’t keep myself away from Steel Restaurant & Lounge.

Located in Midtown Atlanta, Steel boasts a menu filled with delicious Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and IndoChine dishes. Along with sushi, Steel provides an expansive cooked food menu and a drink menu with delicious-sounding offerings for those of you who are 21 and older.

For your first trip, I encourage you and your friends to share a few dishes so that you can get the full Steel experience. To start, the tuna tower, Thai chicken satay and steamed dumplings are all great options. If you are #EatingForTheInstas, I highly recommend the tuna tartar. What is more appealing to your taste buds and Instagram followers than tuna tartar featuring a quail egg?

In terms of sushi, you can’t go wrong when ordering rolls. All of the fish is super fresh and they don’t go too heavy on the rice. The “Midtown,” snow crab, spicy tuna, avocado, mango, agedama and spicy mayo, is one of the best, along with the “Summer,” which is salmon, tuna, yellow tail and crab wrapped in cucumber with ponzu sauce.

steel

Photo by Madison Mounty

This is a great restaurant to take your fish-fearing friends to, as they have multiple beef and chicken dishes, as well as fried rice and vegetable rolls. The Japanese “ishiyaki” or hot rock grilled beef is a tasty meal that you get to cook yourself at the table. Make sure not to completely stuff yourself at dinner, because afterward I implore you to order a chocolate volcano cake.

The next time you and your friends are looking for a place to dine out because you cannot stand to have one more meal at the DUC or in Emory Village, go to Steel. While it is definitely on the expensive end, you won’t regret a night out at this spot, and as a plus you may just find me there.

Expensive

Location: Plaza Midtown 950 West Peachtree St, Suite 255, Atlanta, GA 30309

Hours: Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm Mon-Thurs 5pm-10pm Fri-Sat 5pm-11pm