It's like businesses know college kids are broke. In Jax, the student discounts are endless! From food to museums to movies, there's so many places that offer student discounts.

And there's a plus for my fellow Ospreys, UNF Student Government gave us the Community Swoop last year and plan to continue it for the 2018–2019 school year. 

Here's a short list of some of the best places to put your student ID to work (Be sure to double check with the places listed though! They may change their discounts from time-to-time):

Brass Tacks

$1-off Wednesdays for Ospreys. Plus, Brass Tacks does a "name of the day" every day. If it's your name, you can get a free coffee.

And once it's back in season, definitely try the lavender latte!

Tinseltown

Instead of paying the GA ticket's $10.25 price tag to see that new movie you've been waiting for, show your Student ID and only pay $8! Or, even better, go on a Tuesday for $5 movies. But beware, Tuesdays are the busiest days for Tinseltown because of the sale.

Mini Bar Donuts

10% off for Ospreys! Every. Single. Day.

Except Mondays. Because they're closed.

We recommend the Fruity Pebbles and the Peanut Butter Cup. If you go closer to the weekend, they do cereal milk lattes! The cereal changes each week, but if it happens to be a cereal you like, definitely try it when you go.

Chick-fil-a, Town Center Location

Every Monday, show your student ID for buy one get one free chicken sandwiches!

Yogurt Mountain, Town Center Location

Tuesdays are College Night! The sale changes though, so check their Facebook page to see what the sale is before you go.

Jacksonville Zoo

All day, every day, $10 admission for college students!

Museums 

MOCA 

So if you didn't know, MOCA is owned by UNF. Because of this, UNF students get free entry every day! Just show your ID!

MOSH

Got an itch to visit MOSH? Save yourself $3 and show your Student ID!

Feeling awkward about going to a science and history museum as a college kid? Don't worry about it! Like MOSH says, "Whatever your age or interest, there’s always something to see and explore across three levels of exciting exhibits." (But maybe take a kid you know to make yourself feel better.)

Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens

Cummer is all about the discounts, both student discounts and public discounts.

For college students, show your student ID for free admission Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. And from Saturday to Monday you only need to pay $6!

For everyone, each Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. admission is free! And, the first Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. admission is free too. So after you stop by Riverside Arts Market for some shopping, food and live music, walk right over to Cummer for a visit!

Community Swoop 2017–2018

In early 2017, UNF Student Government upped the discount game for us Ospreys. Community Swoop partners offer a 10–15% discount for the entirety of the 2017-2018 school year when students show their Osprey1 card at checkout! Partners change each school year though so keep up with SG's social media to get the scoop who the 2018–2019 partners will be.

Click here to follow their Instagram.

Click here for their Facebook.