If theres a line out front, it's bound to be good, right? That certainly is the case with Sqirl, my new favorite brunch spot in the Silver Lake area of LA.

I found Sqirl on Parent's Weekend, because apparently my mom is more into the LA food scene than I am. We drove over to Silver Lake from UCLA just for brunch, and the drive was definitely worth it. Here are some reasons why you should make the trek to Sqirl for brunch (or any other meal).

1) Avocado Overload

egg, fish, bread, vegetable, dairy product
Meredith Grubb

I don't know how it has been for you, but since I've been in LA, I've only seen avocado twice. Honestly, what is brunch without avocado? Sqirl not only had avocado, but was generous with it! That alone sold me on the place. You can barely tell in the picture, but that piece of toast is heaped with the stuff. Yum. 

2) Toast

jam, strawberry, cream
Meredith Grubb

Similarly to the avocado situation, I haven't had much good bread since getting to college. Coming  to LA from the Bay Area where we eat a loaf of French bread every day, I've been having a lot of bread cravings. Sqirl was not stingy with their amazing bread (this piece is bigger than my head). When you go, make sure to try their homemade jam on top (and yes, that is ricotta cheese).

3) Horchoffee

milk, coffee, cream, cappuccino, chocolate, espresso, pudding
Meredith Grubb

Horchata coffee. What more can I say? It's sweet (but not too much), spiced, and flavorful, everything you wish your $5 Starbucks drink was. You're going to be driving all the way to Silver Lake for Sqirl every time you need coffee after you try this . Get it. You won't regret it. 

4) It's Instaworthy 

Who doesn't love a brunch Instagram? Probably a lot of people, but you don't want to be friends with them anyways, and they probably don't live in LA. You can't deny how photogenic Sqirl's food is. Keep your followers happy and your feed looking fine. Latte art, bright colors, healthy food, Sqirl has it all.

5) Waiting in line isn't even that bad

A photo posted by Brenda Randall (@beachbren) on

There are cute shops all over Silver Lake, so if you're with a few people you can take shifts, some people wait in line and others shop. Definitely check out Flounce Vintage, with truly authentic old clothes, and Twig and Twine, which has adorable gifts and plants. Bonus that they're open at brunch hours. I can guarantee you'll be hearing more about Silver Lake's cute stores soon.

6) They have options for whatever food restrictions you may have

herb, vegetable, ricotta, cheese, dairy product, spinach
Meredith Grubb

I know that most people in LA have some sort of food restriction. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, lactose free, if you can't eat it, Sqirl can accommodate you! Head over to Silver Lake and you won't have to worry about finding food you're able to eat.

When you have some time to wait in line, and you want to enjoy an amazing, healthy, beautiful brunch or lunch with friends, go try Sqirl in Silver Lake. There's a lot of good food in LA, but this is great. It's worth it, I promise.