Between the white tile on the walls, reclaimed wood decor, and the Three Tigers Brewery next door, it’s hard to feel like you’re still in historic little Granville when you’re eating at Mai Chau on Prospect. The atmosphere is a balance between an East meets West SoHo vibe and your cool aunt’s amazingly trendy kitchen. All in all, it’s one of the most inviting, youthful places in town.

Now, let’s start talkin’ grub.

granville vietnamese food mai chau

Photo courtesy of Eliza Evarts

People tend to embellish when they tell you that you “can’t go wrong” when ordering anything from the menu. In this case, it’s actually true. From the unreal Sriracha pulled pork bahn mi to the Japanese fried chicken steamed buns to the rare beef Pho Bo Tai, this place is a must on all levels. Not only is their Thai iced tea some of the best we’ve ever tried, but the fact that you can get a s’more steamed bun for only $2.50 has us feeling some type of way.

granville vietnamese food mai chau

Photo courtesy of Eliza Evarts

So how exactly did this gem of an establishment end up in our quaint quasi-New England Ohio town? The owner and his wife went to northern Vietnam to travel and teach and ended up falling in love with the street food there. After starting a food truck by the same name three years ago, they decided to go brick and mortar and start a restaurant based off of their adoration of Vietnamese street food in the good old 43023.

granville vietnamese food mai chau

Photo courtesy of Eliza Evarts

As for future plans, the restaurant is only the beginning. Three Tigers Brewery has just opened up, and within that entity, they have a total of eighteen local taps with six of them being their own creations. And as for stacking up against the competition? The Homestead Brewery does Wing Wars every year and Mai Chau’s entry #sweeped.

granville vietnamese food mai chau

Photo courtesy of Eliza Evarts

We can’t wait to see what this place comes up with next. And if you’re approaching graduation and haven’t been here yet, you better werk to get your tushie down there and enjoy their food in your mouth ASAP.