Bodo’s Bagels has been a long time favorite of UVa students since 1988. They have an extensive menu with appealing prices for broke college students. If you go to this school and have never been, then shame on you. Their three different locations and reasonable hours trump every single excuse you might concoct for not having tasted their delicious bagels.

Whether you’re a Bodo’s virgin looking for guidance or a Bodo’s connoisseur seeking something new, these combos are a great place to start.

For those people who love sweet just as much as they love savory, editor Cassia Jbeili has the perfect fix. She recommends ordering a cinnamon raisin bagel with lox and regular cream cheese. “It’s the perfect combination of salty from the salmon and sweet from the raisins and cinnamon embedded within the bagel.”

Our videographer Rachel Birnbaum and our editor-in-chief Juliet Paterek enjoy bagels with egg whites, Swiss cheese, tomato and pesto. If you’re an avid pesto lover, then this bagel has your name on it. This combo will prove to be delicious on almost any kind of bagel.

bagels

Photo by Juliet Paterek

My typical order consists of a plain bagel with feta spread, tomato and avocado. Feta is my favorite kind of cheese and avocado tastes good on everything. If you want a little bit of crunch, add sprouts.

Another delicious combination comprises of an everything whole wheat bagel, butter, egg whites, ham and provolone. Marketing team member Gaby Santiago swears by it. Photographer Emma Nosseir’s go-to combination is a poppy seed bagel with egg, pesto and sausage.

bagels

Photo by Emma Nosseir

Paolo Croce, the head of marketing, is a fan of everything bagels with vegetable spread and lox. But if you’re looking for something sweeter, take her advice and order a whole wheat bagel with strawberry cream cheese. According to Paola, it tastes just like strawberry cheesecake. And who doesn’t like that?

bagels

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Most people love Bodo’s because it’s cheap and delicious. While this is true, Bodo’s Bagels offers much more. They have fast-moving lines and an incredibly efficient staff. With booths and several tables, it’s the perfect place for a study date. Bodo’s has recently enhanced their business by implementing a delivery service through OrderUp.

Bodo’s is most known for its bagels, but they offer other delicious options as well. Juliet Paterek suggests trying their Cleo salad with added avocado and tuna salad.

bagels

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Keep in mind that their bagels are freshly baked every morning, so if you show up at the end of the day, they just might offer you a few for free. And if you’re searching for eternal glory, arrive at the door just before opening and get the number one ticket. So go forth and enjoy, bagel lovers—Bodo’s is waiting.

cheap

Location: 1609 University Ave. Charlottesville, VA 22903
Hours of Operation: 7am-8pm Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm Saturday, 8am-4pm Sunday