Imagine a food market with over 100 street vendors with options that cater to everyone. From kosher to vegan to different types of cultural cuisine, Smorgasburg has it all. Named "The Woodstock of Eating" by The New York Times, Smorgasburg is a food festival in Brooklyn, New York that takes place rain or shine from April to October on Saturdays in Williamsburg and Sundays in Prospect Park. 

The Most Popular (And Instagrammed) Foods of Smorgasburg

Smorgasburg has become increasingly popular since its launch in 2011. This food market/festival is known for its unique foods which customers have posted on social media — making Smorgasburg, and its food, well known.

bread, meat, beef, vegetable, cheese
Farah Khan

The ramen burger, consisting of ramen used as the two buns and a juicy beef patty, is one of the favorites served at Smorgasburg. It's no surprise that this undoubtedly unique and interesting "burger" is so popular. A customer who had just received her patty and indulged in one bite claimed it was "the best burger ever."

Many customers seemed to be excited to eat the ramen burger. However, Taira Pintro, who waited one hour on the enormous line for the burger, said it was disappointing. "The ramen buns seemed interesting but it was nasty. The beef patty on its own tasted good." Regardless of whether the ramen burger is liked or not, visitors better be willing to wait on a seemingly never-ending line for this popular dish! 

chips, potato
Farah Khan

Another popular vendor at Smorgasburg — Home Frite — sells seasoned fries with a variety of dipping sauces that all compliment the french fries. Again, the line was tremendously long, but I have to admit, it was worth the 30 minute wait. These fries were the best fries I ever had, and probably the best thing offered at Smorgasburg. If you're going to smorgasburg, GET THESE FRIES.

ice, ice cream
Farah Khan

Wowfulls is a street vendor that serves ice cream and various toppings in vanilla or chocolate egg waffles — perfect on a hot summer's day in NYC. Because this beautiful dessert is one of the most instagrammed foods of Smorgasburg, the line is super long. In fact, Wowfulls sells out super quickly and sometimes only has vanilla waffles or certain toppings remaining. 

Spoon Tip: Go as early as possible to Smorgasburg and rush over to Wowfulls to pick and choose whatever you like. 

Saturdays in Williamsburg and Sundays in Prospect Park

Smorgasburg is only open from April to October on the weekends. On Saturdays, the food market is in Williamsburg, also known as the "hipster" part of Brooklyn. This location is right by the East River, so you can enjoy your meal on one of the benches and the view of the water and skyline. Oh, and of course, you can take pictures for the 'gram.

On Sundays, Smorgasburg takes place in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. This area has a lot more greenery and a small pond nearby. It is definitely larger than the Williamsburg location so you can find seating at the park nearby or just lay on the grass.

beer, tea, pizza, coffee
Beatrice Forman

So...how much is this gonna cost you?

With all this beautiful food and the hype of Smorgasburg, you're probably wondering, how much is all of this? Well, its not as bad as you think. Most food items cost around $8 to $12 and are in huge portions, so you'll definitely get the best bang for your buck.

My advice to anyone who wants to visit Smorgasburg is to go with a few friends. You spend less by easily splitting the food and prices. Also, you won't be filled up from just eating one or two items if you share with someone. This will allow you to have more stomach room to try other vendors while saving money.

Yes, Smorgasburg is Totally Worth it.

Smorgasburg is literally every foodie's dream as it has so many options and many well-presented foods. On top of that, the locations are both beautiful so you can enjoy your food while admiring the scenery. Visiting Smorgasburg was one of the best experiences I've ever had, and I've already visited Smorgasburg five times now. I highly recommend native New Yorkers and tourists to check out Smorgasburg! You won't regret it.

wine, beer
Farah Khan