Going out on the weekends can be an expensive habit; and as fun as it is dancing around in your six-inch heels atop beer-covered floors and surrounded by sweaty and drunken college kids, it’s a lot on your body and your wallet. I think it’s time I introduce you to Shadows On The Hudson.

Shadows

Photo courtesy of Shadows on The Hudson

Perched 40 feet above the Hudson River in Poughkeepsie, Shadows On The Hudson is an award-winning restaurant known for its seafood and steaks, and not to mention, their incredible brunch buffet on Sundays. Lasting from 10:30am to 2:00pm, this brunch will have you licking your plate- I know because I did it.

What u kno bout that #chickenandwaffles life @clamparillo

A photo posted by @eva517 on

From Penne Ala Vodka to scrambled eggs, this buffet was stocked with only the greatest delicacies of an award-winning brunch. There is no way you can go hungry after gazing into the deep silver trays filled with glistening bacon or crispy fried chicken.

Breakfast this morning though ?

A photo posted by Caitlin Green (@caitlin_mahina) on

My personal go-to were the mini Belgian waffles, accompanied by a fresh berry medley and homemade whipped cream. The atmosphere feels like you have just taken a day trip to an all-inclusive resort, and for only $17.95, you really can’t beat this. Let me break it down for you:

A night out at the bar is one pretty penny. Consider $3.00 for the cab there, $5.00 cover charge to get into the bar, and at least $10.00 spent on drinks. Not to mention, the $3.00 cab ride home and the possibility of $5 spent on late night P-Ridge. That brings us to a grand total of $26.00, ladies and gents.

Shadows

Courtesy of giphy.com

Now to take a look at what that money could really get you. Carpool to Shadows for free, or split a cab with friends for under $5.00. Next, the buffet is endless and only costs $17.95. A possible total of $23.00? Not too shabby. Your food baby will thank you, and so will your wallet.

So, this weekend spend that money where it will really come in good use — Shadows On The Hudson. One tip before you go, make sure to bring a backpack stocked with empty tupper wear containers to smuggle out as many mini waffles as you can. Trust me on this one, they’re that good.