Photo by Tara Botwinick

There are always those times when you crave just a little bit of everything. You look at a menu and wish you could order it all. Well, now you’re in luck!  At Small Plates in Armory Square, ordering it all is now an option. With a wide variety of food served in small portions, not to mention on “small plates”, this incredible little eatery is making a big splash on campus.

Small Plates serves up an array of options ranging from comfort food such as creamy mac & cheese to nouvelle cuisine like crunchy tuna wontons. One of the most popular dishes comes straight from a down home Southern kitchen. Small Plates’ version of chicken & waffles is unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. Chicken fried to perfection, blanketed in crispy bacon, oozing with syrup, and trapped between two fluffy waffles, I dare you to turn down this gastronomic delight.

Photo by Tara Botwinick

Another don’t miss are the pretzel sliders. Grilled onions, white cheddar, and chipotle aioli balance out with a pretzel roll salted to perfection. But be warned: this dish only comes with three sliders, so I would recommend getting two orders!

Photo by Tara Botwinick

With this amazing smorgasbord of the senses, don’t forget to leave room for the amazing handmade pizzas. If you’re a cheese lover, the white pizza is perfect for you. Made with a blend of four different cheeses and drizzled with white truffle oil, this is certainly a pizza that’s on another level. The special pizzas are definitely special! Look out for those that come and go, such as the pulled pork pizza.

With all this amazing food you need something just as incredible to wash it down. I recommend the Asian Pear, a tantalizing mix of sake, pear vodka, and orgeat syrup. An awesome drink to top off an awesome meal!

So, if you’re looking to try something new, be sure to tantalize your taste buds at Small Plates. This foodies’ paradise is an exciting addition to Syracuse and I have a feeling it will be around for a long time.

Location: 116 Walton St. Syracuse, NY 13202

Hours of operation: Mon-Thurs: 11:30 am – 12:00 am, Fri+Sat: 11:30 am – 2:00 am, Sunday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

average