One of the many food-related things to miss most about Boston is the plethora of cuisines offered in its diverse food scene. Servia, located in the heart of Boston's Financial District is a perfect example of this, with their offering of Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine through lunch, dinner and drinks. Whether you're in the mood for take out, a fun spot for a date, or you're just foodies that want to truly explore the Boston food scene, like the two of us, Servia is an absolute MUST on your Boston Food Bucket List. 

After several inches of snow, several hours on Zoom classes and several 'virtual' stacks of homework, we devoured these delicious items on their dinner and drinks menu. 

Drinks

Dia Mahesh

MARRAKESH EXPRESS (Right): mezcal, pomegranate juice, harissa, rose water, aquafaba, lemon

SULTAN OF SWAT (Left): vodka, orange liquor, pomegranate juice, lime juice with a mist of ouzo

The display of the cocktails was absolutely gorgeous, and it enhanced the bar's ambiance during the night. Sipping the foamy aquafaba that topped the Marrakesh Express and detecting the taste of rose water that followed shortly after was delicious. The Sultan of Swat was the perfect combination of citrus flavors to create a quality cocktail. 

Meze

Dia Mahesh

Muhammara Spread (Vegan): roasted red bell peppers, aleppo pepper, ground walnuts, garlic, lemon, breadcrumbs, yogurt

The first couple of appetizers we tried showcased the freshness of the ingredients used in the Servia dishes. The Muhammara Spread was the perfect example; we could taste everything in it, from the yogurt and pomegranate on top, to the tangy lemon and garlic flavors intermingled in the spread.

To Share

Dia Mahesh

Beef Adana Kefta (Gluten Free): braised ground beef meatballs, spicy tomato sauce, garlic-yogurt

One thing we can agree on is that this dish was by far the highlight of the night. They were super soft, warm, and packed with flavor. The spicy tomato sauce that the beef meatballs rested in enhanced the dish, and made for the absolute perfect combination, especially with the coolness from the garlic-yogurt drizzle. 

Dia Mahesh

Eggplant Napoleon (Vegan): baked eggplant, kashar & graviera cheese, tomato sauce

This dish brought us so much comfort and warmth, especially on a cold snowy night. The plate was the perfect size, especially for sharing between the two of us. We could slowly take little bites so we could truly cherish every single piece of the salty, tomato-y goodness. 

Salad

Dia Mahesh

Servia Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free): tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, feta cheese, pickled onions, kalamata olives, za’atar, lemon-olive oil

Although freshness has already been mentioned earlier in this article, this brightly colored salad couldn't be brought up without mentioning it again. The aesthetic reds, greens, and purples made the Servia salad even more appetizing! We finished off every little diced cucumber and tomato in that plate because it truly was phenomenal. 

Main

Dia Mahesh

Istanbul Style Grass Fed Hamburger: kashar cheese, red onion jam, pickles, lettuce, tomato, house-made bun (served pink or no-pink)

Although small, these burgers were full of flavor. The combination of the onion jam and the kashar cheese with the typical burger inserts lead to a delectable experience. With a side of thick cut fries, this dish put a fun Mediterranean spin on a common American food.

Dia Mahesh

Grilled Faroe Island Salmon (Gluten Free): beluga lentils, preserved lemon sauce

The integration of different flavors mingling among this dish was deliciously satisfying. The combination of the sour, tangy lemon sauce that topped the delicious salmon in addition to its perfectly cooked lentil base made it the absolutely perfect main dish to enjoy. 

Dessert

Dia Mahesh
PASHA PILLOW: modern take on baklava

After all the exquisite food, dessert is usually the course you want, but don't know if you still have space for. This portion was perfect, loaded with just the right amount of sweetness, while still light and airy. The pistachios and cream filling are the full-proof finish to any meal.  Not to mention, the rose petals enhancing the aesthetics.

Can you believe these are just a few out of the many delicious dishes offered at Servia?  Check out their beautiful Instagram to see a variety of others, so you can plan ahead for your next trip to Boston's Financial District.