There are two types of people in this world: those who drink their cereal milk and those who dump out the sugary goodness. The Milk Bar recently opened here in North Park, San Diego and is thinking outside the ‘cereal box’ by dishing out flavored milk. The bar serves cookies, flavored milks and beers, milkshakes, and ice cream sandwiches.

1. The Milk

milk

Photo courtesy of kirbiecravings.com

Upon walking in you see a full fridge of flavored milks and beers. A few flavors they have are strawberry almond, cookies & cream, cinnamon toast crunch, fruit loops, frosted flakes, fruity pebbles, coco puffs, apple jacks, and cap’n crunch.

milk

Photo courtesy of kirbiecravings.com

2. The Milkshakes

milk

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For the milkshakes, you have the option of choosing from their list of daily milkshakes or choosing a milk flavor to make into a shake. The cashier told us what the flavors of the day were and also said he could make milkshakes out of any cereal we could imagine from our childhood…we went for the classic honey nut cheerios.

milk

Photo by Amanda Evertz

3. Cookies & Sandwiches

milk

Photo courtesy of @milkbarsd on Instagram

Go big or go home right? The cookies here are not your grandmas’ cookies. Flavors included chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, cookies & cream, and chocolate crinkle…oh and they were the size of my head. The ice cream sandwiches and other cereal treats were no less giant and tasty.

milk

Overall, the Milk Bar definitely gets brownies points for creativity–did we mention they also have a crack brownie ice cream sandwich? Although on the pricey side, I would recommend coming here for the experience and to channel your inner child.

#Spoontip: If you prefer to have dinner before dessert, the Milk Bar is connected to parent restaurant StreetCar Merchants, which specializes in fried chicken, chicken and waffles, donuts and coffee, and craft beer.