When I decided that Tyson Bee’s would be my second rice adventure, I originally planned to review my go-to order, their classic Thai Basil Chicken over rice. Yet, when I finally made it all the way to Franklin Field through the rain –yes, that’s dedication- I asked the chef for advice. “Should I switch it up?” “Yes”, he told me without hesitating. So I went for the BBQ Lemongrass Pork over rice instead. Let me tell you outright that it was an amazing decision. This dish is up there with one of the best I’ve had from any food truck! We’re talking high quality, huge portion and flavorful lunch material for $6. The rice was sticky just how I like it; the meat was tender and juicy, but slightly crispy and caramelized on the edges. Chickpeas, scallions and edamame beans also complemented the dish nicely. The highlight of the dish was the sauce. It added a mildly spicy aftertaste that counterbalanced nicely with the sweetness of the pork. In short, this rice dish was a perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors, making it well worth the trek to Franklin field.

rice

Photo by Julie Adam

cheap
Address: 33rd St and Spruce St Hours: Mon-Fri: 11am-5pm