Located on the beautiful Saint Charles Avenue sits a large blue mansion that has been converted into a cozy hotel and restaurant, The Chloe. The distinctive interior design creates a vibey atmosphere making it the perfect spot to warm up on a rainy morning or enjoy the beautiful patio on a sunny afternoon. The Chloe is serving up some incredible new takes on Creole-style food to satisfy you any time of the day. Although New Orleans is famous for its large flavors that can leave the consumer overly stuffed, The Chloe converts many New Orleans staples into a light, enjoyable meal. I recently stopped by to check out their brunch and here were some of the hits from the menu.

Lauren Berg

Shrimp Étouffée Dumplings

For an appetizer, I started with the waitress's recommendation, Shrimp Etouffee Dumplings. These dumplings were covered in a chili oil sauce which wasn’t too spicy but added a great flavor that kept leading me to dip each bite in for more. The dumplings also included pieces of crispy rice that added a little crunch to every bite. 

Lauren Berg

Mushroom Melt French Dip Sandwich

Next, I tried the Mushroom Melt French Dip Sandwich. This sandwich included multiple kinds of mushrooms, mixed together in a sweet mornay sauce and then grilled on a delicious piece of bread. Although advertised on a poppy seed bun, this sandwich came on sourdough, which was still delicious! Accompanied with French Fries, this sandwich is not to be missed when dining at The Chloe. 

Lauren Berg

Shrimp Roll

The Shrimp Roll was another hit on the menu. The roll itself was incredibly light and fluffy, stuffed with tangy shrimp and covered in a cream sauce. It was topped with green onions and celery for an herby flavor. On the side were homemade potato chips to accompany the roll perfectly. 

Lauren Berg

Shrimp and Grits

Lastly, I enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits. This New Orleans staple was absolutely delicious. The addition of peppers and onions brought in lots of different flavors. However, although mentioned on the menu, the spicy sausage was missing from the plate.