Boston’s Fenway neighborhood, typically associated solely with the infamous Fenway Park, is revitalizing its food scene, providing any tourist or Bostonian with a wide array of options for any time of day. Follow this curated list of restaurants in Fenway, to find the best places to eat for any occasion. 

Morning

Neighborhood’s Coffee & Crepes

George Thomson

When you wake up hungry, Neighborhood’s is the perfect spot to grab a quick and satisfying breakfast. Located on Peterborough Street just steps from the main thoroughfare of Boylston Street, Neighborhood’s crepes and coffee are served in a quaint and fresh cafe environment. Black chalkboards list the variety of espresso, coffee, and tea beverages available, as well as the assortment of savory, sweet, and breakfast crepe options.

As if in Paris, the crepes are prepared counter-side, providing great entertainment while you’re waiting for a Spanish latte or matcha tea to be served. An accommodating picnic-table style seating arrangement out front is a welcome place to enjoy Neighborhood’s fare on a sunny day, though retreating into the cozy interior is a smart move for the Boston winters.

Also Try: Eastern Standard, Weekend Brunch at Tapestry

Blackbird Doughnuts

Jackie O'Brien

If you still have the appetite to keep eating, Blackbird is a must-try for anybody with a sweet tooth. Priding themselves on having the best doughnuts in Beantown, Blackbird opened its doors in the South End in 2015, as a member of The Gallows Group, which also includes the trendy establishments, Banyan Bar and The Gallows.

Come prepared for eclectic flavors including Everything Bagel, Cherry Cobbler, and seasonally, the Pumpkin Boston Cream Bismarck. Doughnuts come in two forms - one made with yeasty brioche dough, and the other made as a cake doughnut. Iced tea, coffee, and cold brew are great to wash down the welcome sugar rush.

Lunch

Saloniki

George Thomson

When it’s time for lunch, stop by Saloniki on Kilmarnock Street for a Greek spin on the fast-casual model adapted by notable companies such as Chipotle. Chef and founder Jody Adams embraces the concept of “filoxenia” - Greek hospitality - with a variety of pitas and platters made with brown rice. Menu items include fresh takes on classic Greek cuisine, incorporating ingredients like pomegranate glazed eggplant, spicy colorado lamb meatballs, and zesty garlic yogurt. Or, if none of these appeal to you, embrace your creative side by customizing your pita or platter with any of the selections at their expansive bar.

Also Try: Fiouna’s, El Pelon Taqueria

ByChloe

If the vegan options at Saloniki aren’t cutting it for you, lunch at the popular ByChloe provides an interesting perspective with an entirely plant-based menu. Omnivores and herbivores alike will enjoy trying vegan adaptations of traditionally meat and dairy heavy dishes, such as mac and cheese and pesto meatball sandwiches - made with cashew mozzarella and almond parmesan. And if you’re trying to cool off on a sunny day, the eatery’s vegan dessert line “Chill ByChloe” offers creative plant-based push pops with flavors ranging from matcha coconut to birthday cake. ByChloe’s colorful and bright atmosphere and available outdoor seating is a great spot to salivate while your dish is being prepared, and a creative addition to the growing list of new restaurants in Fenway. 

Dinner

Citizen Public Oyster House

When night begins to fall, and you’re craving a classic New England oyster meal, Citizen Public Oyster House will not disappoint. For dinner, their daily oyster selection is sourced from a variety of New England fisheries, primarily from Cape Cod. And if you’re not in the mood for seafood, the range of chicken and steak dishes will hit the spot. If you’re with a crowd, the 10-person whole pig roast served with an array of ocean fare is an Instagram-worthy way to end your night at a great restaurant in Fenway.

Also Try: Sweet Cheeks Q, Yard House, Loretta’s Last Call, Tapestry, Audubon

Tiger Mama

If you’re in the mood for creative Asian fusion dishes, and a chic eating environment, Tiger Mama is definitely the dinner option you’re looking for. The hip decor will transport you to southeast Asia, where Top-Chef finalist Tiffani Faison drew inspiration for the menu of small plates. Make sure to try the pad gra pow (ground chicken stir fry), the fun and interactive bun cha hanoi (pork rolls), and the grilled tandoori spiced shrimp. If you’re with a hungry group, order a few plates to share, or if you’re craving late night eats, choose one of the items for yourself to indulge in until the kitchen closes at 11 PM.

Also Try: Mei Mei, Hojoko

Late Night

Tasty Burger

If you stopped by the Regal 13 Cinema or a game at Fenway Park after dinner, chances are, you’re going to be hungry for some late night eats. Tasty Burger, a Boston staple, is sure to deliver. The outside picnic tables are perfect for a cool night- if you have the patience to wait in the line for the outdoor counter. Milkshakes, burgers, and fries, are all sure to please the hungry customer, and provide the perfect ending to a day well spent at the restaurants in Fenway.

Also Try: Thornton’s, Emack & Bolio’s

So next time you're thinking about what to do in Fenway, drop the baseballs and grab your forks.