Like most college students, I don’t usually go to fancy upscale restaurants. Scratch that; I haven’t eaten at most of the restaurants, upscale or not, here in Binghamton, so I was in luck when Spoon was able to obtain a tasting of Remlik’s Restaurant Week dinner menu.

The most stressful part for my friend, Marci, and I was getting to the restaurant. Remlik’s is located on the outskirts of downtown Binghamton and I would recommend getting here by car. We were luckily able to make the West Side bus during its evening rush and get off at the Hawley and Court Street bus stop. We then had to walk about 15 minutes up State Street to finally see a large building in the corner of our eyes and a fluorescent sign of the restaurant.

Remlik's

Photo by Marci Green

We were greeted by a hostess who took our coats and showed us to our table. Once we had the chance to settle down, we couldn’t help but be in awe of the interior architecture. The ornate columns and high ceilings coupled with the romantic lighting, music, and the paintings on the wall gave the restaurant an elegant and spacious setting. Now onto the food…

Appetizer: 

Roasted garlic and white bean soup with rosemary

This soup is a must-have especially if you’re a sucker for creamy soups. Marci ordered this immediately after she heard the word ‘creamy’. When you took a spoonful, the soup was light, creamy and almost foam-like. You could even taste distinct hints of what I’m guessing is Parmesan or Gorgonzola.

Remlik's

Photo by Marci Green

French onion soup

My usual go-to when I order a soup in a restaurant. The french onion soup had just came out of the oven and Ihad caught a whiff of mozzerella cheese that was melted on top – mmm.

Remlik's

Photo by Marci Green

Entrée: 

Prime sirloin au poivre

The highlight of this dish was the brandy peppercorn cream sauce. It was well-seasoned and complemented the sirloin and whipped potatoes.

Remlik's

Photo by Marci Green

Sesame encrusted ahi tuna

A definite must-have.  The tangy fish with its sesame seed and peanut oil crust was delicious while the pickled slaw gave it a nice crunch.

Remlik's

Photo by Marci Green

Dessert:

Rice pudding topped with whipped cream and toasted coconuts

If you love rice pudding, you’ll definitely love this. The rice pudding had the most texture out of all the dishes we had. It was crunchy and airy with just the perfect amount of sweetness. This was a great dessert after the heavy sirloin entree I had.

Remlik's

Photo by Marci Green

All in all, I had a great experience dining at Remlik’s. The ambiance and service was great, while there were menu items that stood out more than others. For a great price, Remlik’s is a place you should definitely check out during Restaurant Week. If you’re looking to eat at Remlik’s outside of restaurant week, I would definitely recommend coming here for your graduation dinner or other celebratory events.

Remlik's

Photo by Marci Green

Expensive

Location: 31 Lewis Street, Binghamton, NY 13901
Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs 11:30-9:30pm, Fri 11:30-10:30pm, Sat 2:00-10:30pm

A special thanks to Remlik’s for providing us with a Restaurant Week tasting for this review.