Are you a college kid looking for a rustic-chic space to grab tacos and tequila? Well, Reforma is the perfect balance of fancy, yet affordable Mexican place similar to Blanco, with a different vibe. I love Reforma for their fish tacos and bowls. The authentic central Mexican food is close to campus, located in St. Phillips Plaza. It is a great place to enjoy with your family and friends and won’t break the bank. They have such a beautiful outdoor patio and the restaurant itself is huge inside. Grab some friends and head over to Reforma for a delicious take on trendy Mexican food!

1. Chips and Salsa

When walking into the restaurant I was greeted with great service and thick and salty complimentary chips and salsa. The chips were made fresh and hot when served. The salsa was mild but had the perfect amount of spice. If you are feeling more spicy order guacamole!

2. Tacos

The tacos at Reforma are out of this world. They have carnitas, pork, fish, pork belly, carne asada, and more. My favorite is the fish tacos layered with cabbage, avocado, chipotle aioli, and cilantro. All the tacos are served with rice and beans and you can choose two tacos for ten dollars or three tacos for thirteen. 

3. Bowls

Reforma offers three types of bowls: pollo, carne asada, and veggie. I consider these bowls salads without the lettuce. The toppings are endless: avocado, queso fresco, salsa, and lime cream. What is better than fancy Mexican food? 

4. Brunch

Brunch is served from 10 am to 4 pm every Sunday. I have never been for brunch but I am looking forward to trying it out during my next excursion to the foothills. The menu looks unreal. They have chilaquiles, avocado toast, and a delicious looking dulce menu. Pecan french toast, cinnamon rolls and churros served with a spiced Mexican chocolate sauce are some of the choices...YUM! 

5. Drinks

I am not of age, however, I heard the drinks are so pretty and fruity! The happy hour prices are amazing too. On Mondays, margaritas are $6, 2 for $6 tacos and $3 beer on Tuesdays, half off bottles of wine on Wednesday, and half off tequila and mezcal on Thursday. I will definitely be trying the blood orange margarita when I finally turn 21. If you are not of age like myself opt out for Horchata or Mexican coke. 

Now go out and order some delicious Mexican food and drinks from Tucson's own Reforma!