Ravenous is an awesome place to get breakfast, lunch or dinner in Saratoga Springs. Locally-owned and family-run, the restaurant offers amazing crepes, handcut french fries, poutine, and a wide variety of dipping sauces to choose from. They have both savory and sweet crepes, so whatever time of day you go, you know you can find something to satisfy your craving!

ravenous

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Firstly, their fries are awesome. They are Belgian-style, twice cooked pommes frites. Should you want to accompany your fries with their dipping sauces (and you should), there are so many options to choose from.

ravenous

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

Some of my favorite dipping sauces include: their garlic mayo aioli, chipotle BBQ, mango ginger chutney, and sriracha ketchup.

In regards to fries, their poutine is also an enticing option. It is a French Canadian dish, consisting of locally-sourced cheddar cheese curd, housemade gravy, and their pommes frites.

Then, they offer both savory and sweet crepes. The crepe marcel is one of my favorite savory options: imported Gruyere, fresh spinach, and sautéed mushrooms. It’s seriously so good.

ravenous

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Some other great savory crepe choices are the Ratatouille and the Mama Mia. The Ratatouille crepe consists of roasted eggplant, peppers, onions, squash, Herbes de Provence, basil, and parsley in a tomato-garlic reduction. The Mama Mia has herb and romano cheese sausage, sweet peppers, onions, and mozzarella. Delish.

And finally, you can’t go wrong with Ravenous’ sweet crepe options. Their Dulce de Leche, which consists of housemade caramel and toasted pecans, peaches and fresh whipped cream, is heavenly. Even something simple like their Banana-fo-phana, with sliced bananas, chocolate hazelnut spread, and fresh whipped cream, is always amazing.

ravenous

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

So, no matter what you order at Ravenous, I guarantee you will leave with a smile on your face. As the name suggests, come with an appetite and satisfy your cravings!