Publicus describes itself as a "a canteen-style, neighborhood restaurant and coffeebar located in the Fremont East District of Downtown Las Vegas". I recently had the opportunity to sample try a few of their brunch items at a post-race breakfast sesh with some friends. If you find yourself in need of a brunch-fix, definitely check out Publicus and you won't be disappointed. Publicus overs brunch Saturday and Sundays from 7 am to 5 pm!

Maebob Enokenwa

1. Frenchie Toast

Maebob Enokenwa

Their french toast is made with a sourdough bread is topped with sweet fresh berries and a touch of powdered sugar. For only $11, it is a filling meal that perfectly satisfies your sweet tooth.

2. The Brekkie Burrito

Maebob Enokenwa
Maebob Enokenwa

The Brekkie Burrito is scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese,  spicy chorizo, house potatoes, vegan refried beans, chipotle, and onions, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. I chose to order mine with the beans on the side (as pictured above), but usually they come already inside the burrito. Also, this burrito can be made vegetarian, since there's an choice between beef or soy Chorizo! I'm sure with a few other modification, you may be able to make this meal vegan, too. For only $11, it's a great way to start off the day and was very filling. 

3. Steel Cut Oats & Mixed Fresh Berries

Maebob Enokenwa

For a more traditional breakfast option, you can opt for a bowl of oatmeal topped with fresh berries, nuts, and your choice of a side of cream or milk. A cheaper option on their menu, for only $6

4. Smashed Avo Toast

Maebob Enokenwa

If you've read any recent article, you know millennials LOVE their avocado toast. Some have said, so much so that they are choosing to buy it instead of buying a house. Fortunately, this avocado toast won't leave you making the decision between "luxury" food and your rent; it's only $9 plus is comes with a poached egg, a Guajillo pepper spread, cherry tomatoes, fresh mixed greens and of course a hearty serving of smashed avocado. 

TL:DR

Obviously I wasn't able to try everything on the menu, so I encourage you to try out this restaurant for yourself. My recommendations are the Frenchie Toast, Brekkie Burrito, Oats, and Smashed Avo Toast. If you are a brunch lover like myself, I'm sure you'll find something you love. In addition to the brunch options, Publicus offers a different Breakfast and Lunch menu during the weekdays.

Check out Publicus on their Facebook for more information!