If you’re like me, 3 pm means snack time, and snack time usually means some combination of a bag of Tostitos Hint of Lime chips, a party sized bag of M&M’s, and late meal sweet potato fries. Snacking is great—freshman 15… less great. Being healthy is great—snacking on lettuce while scrolling through an Instagram feed featuring oozing, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies… less great. Luckily, Arlee’s Raw Blends offers a simultaneously healthy and crave-worthy snack right on Nassau Street.

Arlee's

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Arlee’s encompasses all angles of the health craze from all-organic produce, to gluten-free, soy-free, preservative-free, and natural fruit sweeteners. It may seem like food stuffed with that many health food buzzwords could never actually be tasty, but Arlee’s juices are addicting.

Arlee's

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

When you walk into Arlee’s, you’re greeted by walls of guilt-free snacks, from nuts, kale chips, and dried fruit to more substantive items such as salads, sandwiches and cheesecakes. The juice menu is overwhelming, but the staff is super friendly and set me up with all kinds of samples (and I must admit I’m a sucker for samples). The kale juices are most popular, but Arlee’s also features endless fresh fruit combinations and coffee mixes. The cold brew coffees offer a healthy and refreshing caffeine fix as an alternative to super milky and fatty blended coffee drinks (I’m looking at you, Vanilla Bean Frappuccino).

Arlee's

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Arlee’s also specializes in juice cleanses. If you’re like me, having all my meals through a straw quickly passes from intimidating to downright impossible. Arlee’s offers a ton of different cleanse programs from just until dinner to 21 days long, making the diet possible even for the timid.

The best part? Health also comes with a student discount! Princeton students receive 10% off. Also, the Pinterest-worthy glass juice bottles have a dollar bottle deposit: bring the jar back and get a dollar.

Make sure to check out Arlee’s at Princeton University Farmers’ Market Wednesdays, April 13, 20, and 27, and May 4 and 11! I’ll be stocking up on healthy juices to finish the semester without rocking an I-gained-ten-pounds-during-exams bikini bod.