Graduation is just around the corner, and it’s time to show your family what you have achieved in these past four years (besides how many seconds it takes to funnel a beer). This time of year is exciting yet busy, and the last thing you want to worry about is finding the perfect place to eat out that will satisfy your entire family.

So lucky for you, this is the dining guide you’ve been searching for, with a list of the 6 best eateries to treat your family to in beautiful seaside Portsmouth for graduation. With breakfast, lunch, and dinner all taken care of, along with some helpful tips laid out, your life just got a lot easier amidst all the graduation festivities. Bon appétit.

1. The Friendly Toast 

Portsmouth

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

With a cozy family atmosphere, and an all-day classic breakfast and brunch menu, there’s no need to rush to this restaurant. They even have vegan options that meat lovers and vegetarians both agree are to die for.

What to Order
Huevos Rancheros: cheddar melted on anadama bread, two poaches eggs, avocado, and fresh salsa.

King Cakes: two “mini” pancakes with bananas & chocolate chips inside, peanut butter in between, real whipped cream on top; encircled by a side of bacon, turkey, or vegetarian bacon.

2Surf

Portsmouth

Photo courtesy of surfseafood.com

This restaurant serves some of the best seafood in Portsmouth with only the choicest fish and shellfish selections. Large windows allow you to look out into the picturesque harbor, and there is a spirited bar with a large selection of local brews and wines, perfect for celebrating.

What to Order
The Surf Lobster Roll: grilled brioche roll with a 1/4 lb. of fresh lobster meat warmed in drawn butter.

Bloody Mary Shooter: minced celery with a shucked oyster, Absolut vodka and the house Bloody Mary mix.

3. Thirsty Moose Taphouse

Portsmouth

Photo courtesy of thirstymousetaphouse.com

This upscale take on familiar pub fare has a beer selection that is out of this world (over 100 beers on tap). Known for having excellent service and an entertaining atmosphere, it is the perfect place for an upbeat dining experience.

What to Order
Beer Battered Onion Rings: Fresh, crisp and served piping hot, the onion at it’s best.

Pulled Pork and Beef Chili: Smoked pork shoulder and beef in a slightly sweet and mildly spiced chili. Pair with a generous pour of Smuttynose’s Old Brown Dog for a little something extra.

4. Martingale Wharf

Portsmouth

Photo courtesy of martingalewharf.com

This elegant yet comfortable setting provides the perfect atmosphere for a gourmet dinner, ranging from some of Portsmouth’s finest seafood to succulent steaks and even upscale comfort-food.  Enjoy your relaxing evening in either the sophisticated dining area or in the spacious outdoor deck for unforgettable service, waterfront views and drinks.

What to Order
Caramelized Sea Scallops: Crushed purple potatoes, marinated artichokes, pickled banana peppers, and aged balsamic-chive vinaigrette.

Grass Fed Organic Ribeye: 21-day dry aged Archer Angus, sweet potato pomme dauphine, pickled vegetable salad, and an apricot-blue cheese relish.

5. Black Trumpet Bistro

Portsmouth

Photo courtesy of blacktrumpetbistro.com

In this historic old port setting, this family-owned bistro and wine bar offers a cozy yet classy environment. Serving fresh, sustainable seafood and globally inspired dishes, this rustic restaurant stands out and is well worth the visit.

What to Order
Quinoa and Bibb Salad: minced spring vegetables, harissa vinaigrette and parsnip creme fraiche

BT Patty Melt: Miles Smith beef and melted immolate on focaccia with pickled pepper mojo and a side of chips

6. Popovers On the Square

Portsmouth

Photo courtesy of popoversonthesqaure.com

A cute, counter service bakery and restaurant serving some of Portsmouth’s most delicious deserts, along with a quick breakfast, lunch, and dinner option. With endless pastry options and a tasty espresso bar, you can’t go wrong. And if you’re crunched for time, you can even get your dessert to-go.

What to Order 
Maple Butter Popover: a sweet and savory light maple butter spread melted over a crisp popover served right out of the oven.

For more restaurant tips, check these out: