Ever get tired of receiving your food on a boring old plate? What if I told you there's a restaurant out there that understands? Pizza My Heart understands. This California restaurant serves its pies on frisbees! The unique serving style isn't the only trendy part of this pizza joint. For only $6, you can get a classic Pizza My Heart t-shirt and pizza slice of your choice.

Where Pizza My Heart Started

The surf-themed, family-owned restaurant, started serving pizza and fun in 1981 at Capitola Beach, California. Since then, they have expanded to over 20 different locations in California.

The restaurant's award-winning pizzas are named after places in California. On the Big Sur slice, you'll find yourself biting into a piece of pizza topped with roasted garlic cloves, pepperoni, sausage, portobello mushrooms, and green onions. If your mouth isn't watering from that one, maybe the Watsonville Apple will do the trick. This pie has green apple slices, pepperoni, sausage, green onions,bacon, gorgonzola, and garlic. 

What Makes it Special?

The joint is unique for its pizza presentation and t-shirts. For only 75 cents, you can own the cool frisbee you ate on. At each restaurant, as well as online, you can find a classic Pizza My Heart t-shirt with the corresponding city name.

The Pizza

Hand-tossed pizza made with local ingredients are made daily. Their delicious tomato sauce is made from tomatoes grown in the Central Valley. Pizza My Heart was the first pizza chain in the nation to switch to black olives not containing ferrous sulfate (used in the olive industry as a color stabilizer).

Pizza My Heart's New Location

In April 2017, the newest restaurant opened in the heart of Walnut Creek, California, making it the closest PMH to St Mary's campus. So what does this mean? As most people know, pizza is a college staple. It's everywhere. You cannot escape it. With that said, Saint Mary's students, don't be afraid to branch out of your pizza comfort zone and try the delicious, wildly adventurous, frisbee-plate-goodness of Pizza My Heart.

For delicious pizza and good vibes, visit Pizza My Heart now at 1590 Botelho Dr!

If you're like me and don't know much about surfing waves, but you're a pro at surfing the web, then be sure to check out the PMH website for the menu and other fun things.