In my opinion, Main Street in Falmouth is home to some of the best restaurants on the Cape.  Simply Divine might be my favorite place to grab dinner, but nothing beats a great breakfast place.  Next time you’re craving some delicious breakfast food you have to go to The Pickle Jar Kitchen.

Blueberry Muffin French Toast

Pickle Jar

Photo by Cara Peterson

If you have a major sweet tooth like me, this will become your go to order.  French toast is always my favorite thing to order.  I’ve had banana, brown sugar, and creme brulee, but this one is on a completely different level.  This dish is usually served with Greek yogurt, but if you’re allergic the waitstaff is super accommodating, trust me I know.

The Marathon Scrambler

Pickle Jar

Photo by Cara Peterson

If you’re looking for a healthy choice for the start of your day, choose The Marathon Scramble.  This simple meal is perfect for when you need a little pick me up in the morning.

The Ultimate Hash

Pickle Jar

Photo by Cara Peterson

If you are looking for a meal that’s a little more hearty, the next two plates will be your chosen.  The Ultimate Hash includes ham, eggs, veggies, and pork in a homemade cheddar sauce.  In other words, pure heaven.

House Pastrami Roast Beef and Kale

Pickle Jar

Photo by Cara Peterson

This was absolutely amazing, but the best part of this plate was the roast beef.  The roast beef is hand cut and sauteed in kale.  Also, another great take away from this meal was the home fries.  Many breakfast places cook them in a way that is kinda a let down, but these are cooked to perfection.

Pickle Jar

Photo by Cara Peterson

Our breakfast tasted wonderful and the service was great, but that’s not even what my favorite part of The Pickle Jar was. One thing that is pretty common with breakfast joints is the tables are crowded and loud.  In The Pickle Jar, the tables are more private and you can enjoy a conversation with the people at your table. Often times you can hear the people’s conversation at the table next to you, but at The Pickle Jar you can have a nice quaint breakfast and lunch.

Pickle Jar

Photo by Cara Peterson

Next time you’re walking around on Falmouth Main Street, don’t forget to stop in to the Pickle Jar.  They have great to-go options if you’re looking for some sandwiches before the beach, or if you’re about to miss the Island Queen.