If you go to Emory, you know Pasta John. He was the friendly face to look for in the chaotic DUC lines throughout freshman year, and you could always count on him for a top notch plate of pasta (hence how he got his name). He’s been absent from the DUC this year; but for good reason. John is onto bigger and better things at his very own station in Cox Hall Market, aptly named Pasta John’s.

pasta john

Photo by Yonatan Soler

The new station has been an instant hit because it is the best solution for a hearty and filling dinner on campus. It has become a weekly staple in my life on busy nights, as it cuts down on time, but certainly not flavor.

pasta john

Photo by Yonatan Soler

All meals at Pasta John’s are made to order, and you can literally watch the sauce sizzle as the chef cooks your dish. Here’s the break down of one of John’s creations.

Entrees start with a base of pasta. John offers plain pasta, cheese ravioli for the really hungry, whole wheat for the healthy eaters and even gluten-free pasta for those with allergies or on trendy diets. I often opt for no pasta when I am craving a light, but flavorful dinner.

pasta john

Photo by Yonatan Soler

Then you pick your protein. You can go with Italian sausage, grilled chicken or meatballs; I’ve tried them all, and trust me you can’t go wrong.

Are you a vegetarian? Or just a veggie lover? This is my favorite part, since there is a variety of vegetables to choose from. Mushrooms, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, peppers and onions are staples at the station. Mixing and matching them is almost as fun as loading up your froyo with toppings!

pasta john

Photo by Yonatan Soler

The last step is saucing it up. Whether you choose marinara, Alfredo, pesto or even a mixture (some of my friends have their pasta alfresco), it will be the cherry on top of a great Pasta John creation.

With the first semester almost done, John is very excited about how much progress the station has made. John’s favorite parts have been “meeting new people from the hospital and getting to see all of my favorite upperclassmen who haven’t come to the DUC in a few years.”

pasta john

Photo by Yonatan Soler

You may be missing his presence during your all-you-can-eat trips to the DUC, but Pasta John’s next chapter is worth checking out. The pasta is delicious and his friendly demeanor makes the meal even better.

cheap

Location: Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322

Hours: Mon-Fri 11am-7pm