Park Side Eatery is located off the beaten path on Phila Street, which makes it a hidden gem. When I walked in, I was surprised at how many food options (for both breakfast and lunch) there were, and how much seating was available. I was imagining it to be small and cramped (I don’t really know why) but Park Side Eatery was anything but. There are big windows and high ceilings to make the restaurant seem even bigger, with ample seating.

After being overwhelmed by all the good options on the breakfast menu for awhile, I finally settled on the Smokey Joe.

review

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

It features homemade smoked whitefish salad, smoked Nova salmon, cream cheese, tomato, red onion and capers on Seeded Rye toast. The hearty bread was a perfect compliment to the savory toppings, with the perfect amount of crunch.

My friend ordered the Latke & Lox chef speciality dish.

review

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

The dish comes with latkes and lox (could you guess?) as well as tomatoes, red onions, capers, sour cream for the latkes, and either Seeded Rye or Farm Toast. It also comes with two fried eggs. Delicious!

My other friend got the Country Pork Benny.

review

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

It consists of a griddled cheddar scallion scone with pulled pork, two fried eggs, and topped with enchilada sauce and sour cream. Amazingly yummy and amazingly filling.

We left Park Side Eatery feeling extremely satisfied with our meals, and were already planning on coming back to try more items on the menu. Their lunch options were really enticing. I’m sure there will be another rave review in the works for their lunch food.

Also, they offer 10% off with a Skidmore ID. Yet another reason to check this place out!